World Food Programme, Cox's Bazaar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of security support staff. These jobs may require reporting for duty on short notice. Job holders report to the Security Officer
To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in reviewing security threats and risks, compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations to ensure information is accurately collated to support reporting and decision-making.
- Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, preparing and conducting field missions including tracking of staff, and perform regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Prepare detailed security assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in the formulation of advice to Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
- Contribute to the development and update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Assist in identification of security training needs to support training planning and implementation to address staff development needs.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Humanities, or any relevant subject.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect highly preferable.
- Nationality: Bangladeshi.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in the similar field.