World Vision, Amman, Jordan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Position: Security guard
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to protect our assets and personnel at the implementation site. he will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions.
Perform front Desk Tasks
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, workers and other persons.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Protect the implementation site property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly at the implementation site & the surrounding area
- Monitor and control access at the implementation site entrances and vehicle gates
- Perform first aid
- Perform other reception duties such as filing, photocopying.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Provide assistance to people in need
- General office duties
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to the project staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2 years' experience in a similar related jobMust be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Previous experience as security guard for implementation sites
- Good commands of written and spoken Arabic
- Good interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.