The Security Officer is responsible for maintaining security on the ground, ensuring the safety and security of designated properties, assets, personnel, and visitors of the world bank program implemented all over Lebanon. Under direct supervision of the TPM project manager will assure the security systems and procedures are effective and functional and will duly and timely report any concerns and exchange on security and safety-related matters.
In coordination with the Lebanon Country Delegation Security Officer; he/she will provide support to the IFRC TPM Team implementing a third-party monitoring program on security issues in the areas of operation, ensuring that needed safety and security assessments and information gathering are conducted regularly.
Identifying and developing functional contacts and relationships with key stakeholders (i.e., local authorities, security actors, political representatives, etc.).
- Identifying reliable sources of information in the areas of intervention.
- Triangulate information received from the field.
- In communication with Lebanon County Delegation Security Officer carrying out security check-ups and clearances for expatriate/international and national staff before their movements to the field
- Maintain good and efficient relationships with local and regional security and safety stakeholders (e.g., ISF, civil police, municipal police and LAF, etc.)
- Compile and submit bi-weekly reports that track incidents and trends in humanitarian access and local security contexts within the IFRC in the areas of operation in the country.
- Conduct security briefings for field missions and new staff members joining the TPM project, as required.
- Conduct security assessment for the implementation locations.
- Maintains database records and hardcopy files used to track safety and security data
- Generates movement plans for the field observers all around the country on weekly bases
- Dispatch vehicles
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Security Management or equivalent experience in a related field - Required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the security/logistic/admin fields - Required
- Experience in incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, a compilation of security reports and assessments - Required
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector- Required
- Good communication and reporting skills. Knowledge of use of tablets and electronic questionnaires - Required
- Attention to detail and observation skills to immediately notice and anticipate any security risk- Required
- Pro-active and highly organized, planning skills, Flexibility, Analytical thinking and capacity to perform under pressure - Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Maps drafting and reading - Required
- Valid drivers’ license - Required
- Good spoken and written in Arabic and English - Required
- Good in negotiation, relationship building, & networking- Required
- Initiative and Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision - Required
- Respect of Red Cross Red Crescent 7 principles - Required.