Senior Accounts Officer
FHI 360, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
BASIC FUNCTION: The incumbent of this position is responsible for performing, planning, analyzing, evaluating and coordinating a broad spectrum of professional accounting duties, of the GFAS system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures proper functioning of GFAS and invoicing in GFAS;
- Provide assistance and backstopping for monthly GFAS report for submission to APD and HQ;
- Reviews voucher/invoices and consultant invoices submitted to FHI/India by FHI Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and North East office in order to verify that the commitment was properly incurred, funds are available for payment, computations are mathematically correct, the amounts and items claimed are in agreement with the document authorizing the claim, the material or services included in the claim were actually delivered or performed, and the voucher/invoice does not represent a duplicate claim which has previously been submitted and paid;
- Reviews travel claims of FHI Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and North East office staff and consultant for correctness and verification that the claim conforms with travel authorizations and regulations regarding routings, per diem, accommodation, and use of proper transportation; determining if a travel advance was issued and computing the amount due to the traveler or FHI/India;
- Preparation of payment Template / Journal Template and upload in GFAS systems.
- Ensure deduction of TDS as per prescribed rate and sending check to CPA; issue of TDS certificates.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation for development of monthly GFAS report for submission to APRO and HQ;
- Preparation of Weekly Cash flow
- Maintains advance details and keep a track of advances;
- Work with the auditor for annual and RBI audit;
- Provides backstopping in absence of Finance Manager; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager, Director, Shared Services and Country Director.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.