This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information , greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
- Answers phones.
- Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non- routine questions.
- Provides information to callers.
- Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements. * Provides meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area.
- May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Performs desktop publishing.
- Creates and develops visual presentations.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries.
- Compiles documents for travel- related meetings.
- Processes travel expense forms.
- Compiles data and prepares reports.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary for staff members, as requested.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Works independently or as a member of a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Designs and produces general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for management.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for corporate meetings.
- Assist with coordination of meetings, facilities planning and logistics required.
- Takes minutes, prepare and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates special projects, at the request of management, which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- May coordinate workload with other support staff across department(s).
- Supports management in maintenance of the department finances.
- Maintains various databases and spreadsheet files as requested by management.
- Communicates and manages timetable/milestones.
- Assigns work/task responsibilities for projects as directed by management.
- Assists with the gathering, compiling and evaluation of project due diligence data.
- Familiar with departmental guidelines.
- Enforces and adheres to organization policies and procedures including corporate guidelines and best practices.
- Maintains of library and classification and filing of new items.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Resolves and/or develops recommendations for issues and problems having broad impact.
- Problem resolution may require some analysis of policy and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving non-standard issues and problems.
- Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
- Limited supervision.
- No instruction needed on routine work and general instructions with periodic work review given on new work or special assignments.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be sensitive nature.
- Associated Degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration or Related Degree,
- 5+ Years of related experience.
- Experience in monitoring the use of expenditures to meet organizational objectives and compliance.
- Science or health-related field experience preferred.