Senior Administrative Officer
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
The responsibilities of the Senior Administrative Officer will include - but not be limited to - the following tasks:
- Work with EBRD, KfW and EU Management and the EU Consultant to finalise the mechanism, including all templates and procedures, for approval and disbursement of EU grants, ensuring that the mechanism operates effectively in the market and is not too complex or time-consuming;
- Ensure strong coordination between the EBRD Financial Institutions Team, Partner Financial Institutions (PFIs) and the EU Consultant who will provide initial training and coaching to PFIs based on agreed policies and procedures;
- Assess grant applications which are above the threshold for automatic disbursement, and accordingly prepare advice for decision making by the ECTAP Board, comprising EU, EBRD, KfW;
- Liaise with EBRD counterparts on direct lending and technical assistance, including for capacity building to PFIs;
- Work with EBRD, KfW and EU Management and the EU Consultant to finalise reporting modalities, and then maintain an information system to ensure this reporting is carried out;
- Liaise with KfW on implementation of the Grant Agreement with respect to ECTAP, to be agreed between EBRD and KfW;
- Ensure that all documents received from participating financial institutions (“PFIs”) be completed in an accurate manner, with no mistakes or irregularities.
- Prepare an administrative order of transfer of the total amount of ECTAP investment grants to be paid to PFIs as stated by the listing.
- Aggregate all data from the documents received and present to the EU/EBRD/KfW Grant Committee, allowing the Grant Committee to monitor the level of disbursements by type of investors, by value-chains and by type of equipment, and to take action to increase or decrease the rhythm of disbursements if so required.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of the amounts committed and disbursed through grants.
- Prepare progress reports to be forwarded to the EU at the end of every 12-month period and the final report, all in compliance with Article 2 of the General and Administrative Conditions of the EU Contribution Agreement DCI-ASIE/2014/354-000.
- Coordinate the EBRD’s actions under ECTAP with other activities under the Small Business Initiative, as well as with actions of other development partners inTajikistan supporting agricultural value chain development (e.g. World Bank Group, FAO, USAID, DFID, GIZ).
- Ad hoc assignments as requested.
- Higher Education complete
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of another language both written and spoken would be useful
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- High level of written ability
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data
- Ability to prioritise and work, cope under pressure with continuously changing priorities with no or little supervision, schedule own work and take initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven writing skills in English essential
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential