Senior Administrative Officer
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Maintain strong relationships with the local authorities, mainly, Ministry of Finance and Foreign Office, in order to address any EBRD status related issue, visa/accreditation/admin or VAT issues.
- Participate in planning, receiving and managing the visits of key dignitaries, senior management and shareholder representatives by demonstrating a high level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Deal with the RO security and medical issues in co-ordination with the Head of Health and Safety Unit, HQ.
- Together with the relevant HQ units and RO Head, procure and manage purchases and disposals; manage service contracts, insurance policies, utilities etc. Manage the RO travel agency contracts and maintain all other RO suppliers’ contracts. Supervise admin and general service providers to ensure good quality work in a timely manner.
- Process documentation related to import/export of equipment/vehicles and liaise with authorities and couriers.
- Coordinate with EBRD Publication Desk, ordering published materials and other marketing materials to be distributed locally including processing of import documentation.
- As an IT co-ordinator: arrange workstations (desks, PCs, desk phones) for RO newcomers, desks allocation for RO visitors provide assistance to RO and visiting staff; coordinate with HQ IT department and RO IT specialists located in region, assist staff with IT/technical issues related to the equipment operation (audio/video calls), and familiarise staff with IT policies.
- Manage RO archiving procedures according to Records Management and Archives Unit requirements.
- Prepare annual budget proposal and mid-year budget for review / discussion with the Head of Office and with the Business Group Senior Budget officer and provide monthly budget status for the Head of Office’s approval. Monitor the RO budget on a regular basis and do ad-hoc budget status checks for available funds for RO budget purchases.
- Process and validate expense claims and all other SAP transactions of the RO, including the regular reconciliation of the traveller’s RO Corporate credit cards.
- Handling of the RO accounts; approving Nostro/cash payments within his/her own limit, executing Bank transfers; handling monthly petty cash reconciliations, while ensuring the necessary segregation of related duties in the RO, reviewing and paying local suppliers’ invoices.
- Assist Head of RO with the day to day administrative management of staff based in the RO (including accommodation of expatriate staff). Act as HR co-ordinator recording sickness records etc and reporting to HR as appropriate; maintain contacts with the medical insurance company.
- Liaise with HR department on staff related issues when assisting in staff recruiting and training, maintaining contacts with local recruitment and training agencies.
- Co-ordinate staff visa and registration process; manage accreditation issues of the expatriate staff and their families.
- As required, provide overall secretarial support to the Head of Office and meetings and conference calls arrangements with existing and potential clients and authorities.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- University degree; previous experience in senior administrative/accounting function in an international or a leading local company is preferable;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative on day to day basis;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; ability to supervise;
- Ability to cope well and remain calm under pressure, to turn work around quickly and accurately and a capacity for hard work; strong ability to prioritise;
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues;
- Reliable and flexible with professional manner;
- Ability to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels;
- Impeccable behaviour towards clients and co-workers;
- Diligent with high degree of integrity;
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and liaison skills;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English