Senior Advisor, Executive Development
World Vision International(WVI), Monrovia, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Sustain WV Leadership Development:
- Serve as a role model in practice while focusing on design and delivery, of the following executive development programmes:
- Senior Leadership Development Programme
- Executive Presentation Skills
- WV Leadership Academy
- Leading in a Global Faith Context (Christian Leadership)
- Ensures the work across the Executive Development portfolio is coordinated and aligned with Capacity and Organisational Development initiatives, Integrated Talent Management, and advances the overall mission and values of the People & Org Development team.
Develop Leadership Capability:
- Coaching and mentoring of WV executives and leaders.
- Partner with GPL in design and delivery of next generation WV Executive Development solutions (WV Leader’s Forum, WV Summit).
- Manage the implementation of global leadership development infrastructure (policies, systems, tools/resources) to be leveraged across Partnership.
Advance WV as Industry Leader in Developing Executives/Leaders:
- Develop strategic partnerships with corporations, academic institutions, and research bodies to develop executive talent solutions.
- Partner with GPL to convene and host symposium of FBNGOs, academic institutions, and churches to develop and share impact of faith in development and best practice for leadership/exec development in a faith-based organization.
- Provide consulting support to critical executives/client groups.
- Provide thought partnership to Partnership on leadership/executive development issues.
Leverage External Networks for Leadership & Executive Development:
- Keep abreast of industry trends, developments and best practice.
- Using an ever-expanding network of relationships to enhance existing programmes, generate ideas and resources (e.g. pro bono), facilitate innovation and applied learning.
- Bring appropriate external courses and resources to the organization.
- Engagement with Universities and research bodies.
- Mentoring program with external leaders from INGOs, governments, and corporates.
- P&C/PODTL Contribution
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Accredited Degree in one or more of the following; Business Management, Education/Professional Education and Training; HR/Human Resource Development; Organizational Development (Advanced degree preferred).
- Professional expertise backed up substantial experience in Leadership Development (Learning & Development) particularly in global programme design and delivery.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining strong, productive and mutually beneficial professional networks.
- Deep understanding of organizational infrastructure, leadership & executive development practice, challenges, trends and best practice within.
- Strong instructional design, coaching, facilitation and training skills with evidence of effective application across international contexts and cultures.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, especially with credibility at senior levels, and capacity to adapt effectively across.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, both oral and written, and ability to convey information effectively, write persuasively in a variety of styles for a variety of audiences, and communicate cross-culturally and within inter-faith settings.
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships (internally and externally) at high level.
- Successfully held roles with design responsibility for Executive & Leadership Development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing coaching and consulting to senior leaders, with significant experience in roles with a global remit.
- Strong project & team management capabilities. Proven collaborator, coupled with experience in indirect leadership of teams and virtual teams to achieve strategic agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively across cultures and all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding and expertise in adult learning and development and organisational application of learning.
- Strong understanding of organizational politics and the demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within the same.
- Highly developed consultancy and influence skills.
- Membership of appropriate professional organisation (HR, Org psych, Change, OD).
- Accreditation in Adult Learning, Executive Coaching or similar.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English (additional languages desirable).
- Humility to be led by others, strength and confidence to provide strong leadership when required; wisdom to recognise when each is needed and the ability to help others do the same.
- Recognised expertise in adult learning theory and practice.
- Proven track record of designing & delivering experiential learning solutions for a global audience.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Consulting skills, client relationship skills, customer service orientation and ministry mindset.
- Clear and positive Christian faith commitment and capacity to provide leadership and guidance in this area, and to ensure WV’s Christian Identity is woven into the work delivered.
- Willingness, capability and flexibility to travel internationally to address key client needs.
- Other operating languages will be a bonus e.g. French or Spanish.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Capacity to work virtually requiring flexibility in working hours over the range of WV time zones.