Senior Advisor, Integrated Quality Health Services
FHI 360, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Senior Advisor, Integrated Quality Health Services for the anticipated USAID Mali Health Systems Strengthening, Governance and Financing Activities. The Senior Advisor, Integrated Quality Health Services will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic oversight and direction in the areas of health systems strengthening related to improving the availability and quality of health services at facility and community levels. The Senior Advisor, Integrated Quality Health Services will ensure a seamless link between service delivery interventions and other health systems strengthening (HSS) capacity development activities of the project. This position will be based in Bamako, Mali. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Co-designs with the strategy for improving availability and quality of the essential package of health services with the DCOP, project staff and local authorities, with a focus at district level.
- Supports the implementation of the strategy through capacity building of local stakeholders.
- Tracks progress in implementation and results through the monitoring of process and outcome indicators in coordination with the M&E director.
- Co-designs and supports the implementation through technical assistance of the quality improvement activities with a focus on maternal, neonatal, child health, family planning services and nutrition services.
- Develops training materials and job aids as needed to facilitate integration of services.
- Develop strategic alliances with national ministries, subnational governments, and technical working groups, along with international partners to coordinate their inputs for the improvement of supervision and referral systems.
- Coordinates the development and assessment of mechanisms for community oversight of health services.
- Ensure program activities are evidence-based, adapted to local context and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices.
- Support the Government of Mali in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, policies, and guidelines related to availability and quality of services.
- Assesses, documents and facilitates the communication of results.
- Supports the development of metrics for HSS and provide technical support for the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels of Ministry of Health.
- Contributes to quarterly and annual reports on the achievements of the HSS work.
- Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred;
- At least five years of professional experience in implementing health systems strengthening activities with a focus on service availability and quality;
- At least five years of professional experience with a USAID and/or international development organization project and staff;
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to improve service quality in a decentralized health system;
- Specific technical expertise in quality improvement, with application to essential health services ate community levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders is strongly desired;
- Proficiency in French and English.