Senior Advisor, Knowledge Management
CARE USA, Atlanta, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
CARE USA is seeking a Senior Advisor, Knowledge Management to set in place organization-wide systems that promote a culture of learning and effective knowledge sharing. Though there are examples of excellent knowledge sharing throughout the CARE world, a global support function is needed on knowledge management to organize and support these efforts, introduce technological and process-based platforms for knowledge sharing, and provide expert guidance on better curating and using the organization’s intellectual assets. If this position is successful, CARE will bring its best thinking to every, project, program, initiative and proposal. CARE will also be a key knowledge broker within the development landscape and will generate cutting edge development approaches. This position is hugely important to helping CARE USA reach its potential as a global heavyweight in fighting poverty and social injustice.
- Catalog and publicize key program approaches and models
- Leverage the lessons, content, and curriculum of CARE’s Scale X Design program to promote innovation and scaling widely within CARE.
- Conduct a mapping of CARE’s evidence base in key thematic (sector-based) areas. Identify evidence gaps and link to thematic research efforts within sector-based teams.
- Improve the quality of proposals by creating systems that better link proposal writing with CARE’s cutting edge knowledge base and relevant experts.
- Create a directory of experts and a mapping of communications channels (e.g. social network analysis).
- Investigate and pilot incentives for Knowledge Management, including options to cover staff costs for knowledge sharing activities and performance rewards.
- Identify knowledge “wins” that demonstrate how knowledge sharing changed programs and practice. Share within internal communication channels.
- Liaise with key promotional agents within CARE, (e.g. Brand and Communications, Office of the President) to promote knowledge wins with external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences or related fields;
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in designing and implementing knowledge management initiatives;
- Experience with selecting and supporting ICT platforms for intra-organizational communication, collaboration, and data management;
- Experience in coordinating and/or managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience in developing and implementing communication and dissemination strategies and publications;
- Broad range of facilitation and training methodologies;
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.