Senior Advisor Water
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- This position provides specialist technical expertise for design and advice to the design, field testing and operation of co-created multi-sector, potentially multi-partner water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) initiatives, programmes, and partnerships in humanitarian and development solutions generated by the Asia Pacific P3 Incubation Hub (Asia P3 Hub); and expertise in regional & national policy dialogue and practice.
- The Asia P3 Hub is hosted by WV South Asia and Pacific Regional Office.
- Contribute to the development of the Hub operating and business strategy
- Provide technical guidance, capacity building and support to enable the Asia P3 Incubation Hub and co-creation partners to incubate new solutions, and broker partnerships to deploy them
- Liaise with diverse stakeholders and networks across multiple sectors to gain knowledge of WASH practices, partnerships and innovation occurring both inside and outside Singapore
- Collaborate in the planning, execution and follow up of Trading Zone events
- Be a Hub link to the WV WASH Community of Practice (CoP); ensure the Asia P3 Hub is participating in that greater internal community
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Post graduate qualifications in a WASH-related field
- Significant experience in the WASH sector in either international development or humanitarian contexts, or both
- Ability to build relationships with diverse influential individuals across multiple sectors
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to effectively communicate strategies and technical concepts to diverse non-specialist, multi-cultural audiences
- Excellent communication skills, written and face-to-face including effective cross-cultural communications including report writing; presentation skills, and information sharing
- Possess sound entrepreneurial and “out of the box” thinking
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and try new methodologies and approaches to serve as building blocks for larger, more systemic changes in practices, processes, and culture
- 10 years demonstrated experience in the design, development and monitoring of water and sanitation projects/systems in long term community development and emergency response environments especially in Asia Pacific region.
- Demonstrated professional experience in using stakeholder engagement practices for the assessment, design and implementation of water, sanitation and health promotion/hygiene projects/programmes
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking programme assessments and/or reviewing/writing standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, program evaluation and field assessments
- Experience in implementing sustainable organisationalorganizational processes with tailored technical assistance that enable WASH initiatives to be included as part of a multi-‐sectoral approach.
- Experience in co-creation, multi-sector partnerships
- Interpersonal skills that ensure positive and constructive contacts with internal and external stakeholders, often in dynamic, rapid-brainstorm & prototyping sessions
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Technical competence in relevant software programmes, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint or other presentation application, project management
- Understanding of project planning and workflow management
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Unique social incubation/innovation lab work environment – open, dynamic, diverse, experimental, creative.
- Un-common office hours might be applied to facilitate coordination with different countries/partners in different time zones.
- High level need of virtual engagement, facilitation, coordination with team and offices in varied geographical areas.
- Be willing to think and act differently and intentionally: a portfolio-based approach (vs. a project approach) which requires some risk taking and willingness to try new ways of doing things.