Senior Advocacy Advisor - Children on the Move
Save the Children, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are currently looking for a Senior Advocacy Advisor to be part of our EU Advocacy team based in Brussels, on a fixed term contract of 12 months.
- As our Senior Advocacy Advisor you'll play a crucial role in our advocacy efforts with regards to refugee and migrant children; in ensuring that the EU implements and renews its commitment to protect, respect and promote the rights of refugee and migrant children in countries of origin, in transit and on arrival in the EU.
- You'll also help ensure that Save the Children has a credible and visible presence in Brussels on this agenda, and will have an active role in cross-organisational advocacy activities.
- To be suited to this opportunity you'll have a passion for working in the NGO sector, and ideally have a postgraduate degree in the field of international relations, economics, politics, law, or a related EU policy field. You'll bring relevant experience in child protection, and/or asylum and migration, at the European level and a good knowledge and understanding of the EU and its role in asylum and migration issues.
- You will also have a proven experience identifying influencing targets and designing advocacy strategies, possess excellent communication skills, be fluent in written and spoken English and, ideally, have knowledge of French or another European language.
- The role has a competitive package in the context of the sector.