Laterite is a data, research and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher with a track record of experience in project and team management, combined with excellent technical skills and the motivation to work in East Africa.
Our new Senior Research Associate will join our office in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa) and will have a voice in project selection, corporate strategy, process improvements, and structuring Laterite’s research agenda.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Research Associate based in Ethiopia you will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with our clients and establish Laterite as a trusted partner for public sector organizations.
- Mentor our growing research and data teams.
- Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management. Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of research or project management experience in education, youth, public health, agriculture and/or urbanization.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams.