Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Senior Associate will provide business development support, technical project management inputs and technical expertise to these projects as needed. The purpose of this role is to support Palladium projects across the globe principally financed by USAID which have agricultural development, market access, expanded financial access, and investment goals and objectives. The role reports to Vice President, Economic Growth or his/her designee.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate - Economic Growth are to:
Participate in and/or support technical assignments:
- Conduct research or data analysis to support short-term inputs and/or consultancy assignments and/or proposals on topics such as agricultural value chain development, agricultural production, market access, agribusiness finance, digital finance, capital mobilization, investment services, SME growth, and other relevant topics.
- Provide support to monitoring and quality-assuring Palladium's services (including editing, formatting, graphics development);
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical reports, case studies, policy and program approaches, and results summaries on topics related to expanded agribusiness growth, access to finance, and investment facilitation in developing countries to demonstrate thought leadership;
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with partners and consultants who can provide technical expertise to Palladium-managed projects;
- Work with others in the Economic Growth Practice to promote and build Palladium's technical capability.
- Contribute to technical proposals principally targeting USAID opportunities in the agribusiness, competitiveness, and investment/finance space based on best practices applied to specific country contexts;
- Draft staffing plans, management plans, past performance references, institutional capabilities sections for proposals.
- Support the identification, assessment, and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities.
- Support Project Directors in the performance management of project teams;
- For assigned portfolio projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review, and report on projects as needed and requested;
- Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, and progress/financial reporting;
- Work with partner organizations (such as subcontractors) on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following topics: agricultural value chain development, marketing, access to finance, capital mobilization, investment promotion, enterprise development, trade/competitiveness finance, private sector development, economic policy reform, and investment promotion.
- Experience in client project management with government clients, and/or business development experience that includes supporting the proposal development process.
- Experience in working in a developing country.
- Preferred: Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports.
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Preferred: Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.