Senior Associate, Financial Management
Palladium International, Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Palladium Group has an opening for a Financial Senior Associate within the Financial Management department. The person in this position will be responsible for assisting in the development of annual work plans and pipeline budgets, reviewing budgets and financial reports for accuracy, and other ad hoc financial requests as needed. Using strong interpersonal and communication skills and additional analytical skills, the incumbent will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients with a strong focus on customer service
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Management Senior Associate are to:
- Provide general program operations assistance to project technical staff and administrators
- Assemble, format, and maintain budget/financial information for new, existing, and ending contracts.
- Analyse posted cost and revenue to actuals posted. Research issues and initiates AP, GL and revenue adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and review budget realignments, narrations, and justifications.
- Create/modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements.
- Ensure compliance with government contracting regulations.
- Perform the initial job setup function and on-going project maintenance within the corporate accounting system.
- Generate monthly project accruals
- Work collaboratively with technical staff on project forecasting
- Administer project reconciliations by ledger account
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum education and experience required
- Degree in financial management, business administration, accounting, economics, international affairs, or related field.
- 4-7 years of experience working with donor-funded budgets, preferably USAID
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Experience with Deltek's Costpoint preferred
- Strong accounting, business and administration skills.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Advances skills in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel.