Our mission is to makes vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team, who values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Associate of Influenza Vaccine Innovation will support Sabin’s work to catalyze next generation influenza vaccine leadership and innovation. Supporting the build out of new approaches, systems and resource streams to foster innovation in the influenza vaccine research and development landscape, the Senior Associate will work closely with internal leadership and external partners and stakeholders to drive the demand for and accelerate the development of universal influenza vaccines.
Data Collection & Analysis
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and assist with providing analysis on the vaccine research and development landscape, broad reviews of synergistic areas of science, technology and public policy, and best practices associated with innovation and product development
- Coordinate the collection, compilation and analysis of project-specific and program activity data; and, develop, write and present comprehensive statistical and/or narrative program reports
- Track resource flows associated with influenza vaccine research and development
Partnerships and Teams
- Work with the Communications Team to document and coordinate project activities and initiatives and produce information for print, social and video media
- Support collaborative activities with partner organizations
- Draft advocacy and technical materials regarding innovative approaches to advance universal influenza vaccine development
- Support the development of technical agendas for workshops and meetings and identify appropriate speakers and participants
- Assist in organizing international meetings and other stakeholder engagement activities
- Coordinate one-on-one or small group expert technical dialogues with an understanding of issues related to vaccine research and development, life science innovation, and convergence science opportunities across the broad science and technology landscape in private and public sector enterprises
- Review activity budget proposals and produce budget reports, as needed
- Support and provide technical advice on the development and implementation of strategies that will maximize the synergies among other program areas within Sabin
- Contribute to the design and development of emergent programs and projects
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree in Public Health or other health-science/policy related field preferred
- 4+ years relevant experience; international experience highly desirable
- Experience in developing and maintaining project work plans and budgets, as well as stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
- Demonstrated competency in scientific writing and literature review
- Ability to synthesize and synergize diverse scientific and technical material; data and statistical analysis experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with NGOs, governments and industry partners
- Must demonstrate interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
- Ability to work across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
- Assertive, entrepreneurial orientation; innovative
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference “Senior Associate, Influenza Vaccine Innovation” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.