Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The accountability and responsibility of this role is to ensure salaries are accurately and timely processed for payments.This should be done by managing the operations of the payroll within the established procedures to ensure timely and accurate generation of payroll, statutory deductions and any internal salary coding. The incumbent will also play a critical role in the administration of the Time & Expense System; updating, reporting and the associated data integrity. The purpose of the administration of timesheets transition process to ensure the cost of salary and employees' benefits are reflected correctly in financial system for all employees in Payroll region.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Payroll are to:
- To manage regional payroll workload.
- Process assigned payroll payments and any outsourced payrolls accurately and obtain the necessary authorization for payments.
- Maintain the payroll master file in conjunction with information and instructions received from HR, Project management and Operations teams, and the Finance department. Ensuring that all increases, adjustments, leave, variable pay and bonus provisions are accurately calculated and recorded.
- Process payment of expenses or allowances as authorised.
- Ensure that the payroll outsourcing provider is updated with all changes as required, all data and figures provided to them are accurate and submitted on time. Liaison and regular communication with any payroll outsourcing providers that Palladium uses.
- Liaise and process service termination functions and the onboarding of new employees.
- Verify all transactions for compliance with Palladium's HR and Financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the transfer of salary funds to the bank.
- Reconcile payroll with the budgets and the relevant account code in the general ledger.
- Respond to queries from employees and external agencies on payroll and benefits related issues.
- Ensuring proper filing of all payrolls records and maintains confidentiality of records and also updating and maintaining all other employee related records (electronic and paper).
- Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements, processing retirement/superannuation payments, group and payroll tax as per legislation requirements.
- Lodgement of Business Activity Statement information to the various businesses by due dates.
- Year-end processes and reconciliations for Payment Summaries.
- Year-end reconciliations and payments to relevant authorities.
- Formulating any reports as requested by Management, HR, or Finance.
- Monitor and contribute to continuous improvement in the payroll and business processes.
- Play an active role in improving HR/Payroll work processes.
- Assist with advice to other payroll functions in the designated region.
- Manage transition from monthly to semi-monthly payroll.
- Manage impact of ERP implementation from a regional payroll perspective.
- Any other duties assigned by the Global Manager, Payroll and Group Financial Controller.
- Deep understanding of payroll processing
- Experience working with major payroll systems, ADP experience advantageous
- Knowledge of payroll tax
- Understanding of payroll principles, practices, regulations, procedures, and ERISA.
- Understanding of basic accounting practices and procedures
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting advantageous, but not required
- Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Exceptional standard of written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to details and accuracy
- Quick starter; Ability to deal with complex problems, employment contracts and related issues
- Ability to work independently and also be able to operate as part of a team and able to communicate in a friendly and polite manner
- Sound decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within different cultural contexts and negotiate persuasively with high level as well as other employees.