Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
The Senior Business Development specialist assists Global Business Development Unit (GBDU) in activities that support pipeline management and governance; capture management; proposal development; and training.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides support all aspects of the business development life cycle
- Performs administrative activities to help support domestic opportunity governance
- Supports data quality efforts related to the opportunity management system (OMS)
- Supports capture activities including the compilation and analysis of supporting materials, coordination, research, and guidance for division staff
- Assists in the compilation and analysis of information that support capture planning activities
- Coordinates and/or manages proposals applying Abt’s proposal development process
- Writes proposal sections, assists with internal data calls, and/or drafts attachments to support proposal section development
- Attends account level sales meetings to stay apprised of pending opportunities, strategic priorities, and market directions
- Identifies opportunities and making recommendations to make BD process improvements
- Supports the Global Business Development Unit with administrative tasks as assigned
- Proficient with office software programs, including spreadsheets, word processors, databases, and slide show presentations; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
- Possess excellent customer service and effective listening, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Be able to interact with individuals across all organizational levels successfully
- Adroit at collecting, synthesizing, and working with details and facts quantitatively and qualitatively
- Capable of working on multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Possess knowledge of basic marketing/sales/business development principles
- Be familiar with pipeline governance and/or BD proposal processes (preferred)
- BA (6 – 8) years of experience OR MA/MBA (3) years of experience OR PhD (Entry Level) OR the equivalent combination of education and experience