WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Desired Experience for entry into the role:
- In-depth knowledge of common business principles and processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through specialised training and work experience.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a wide range of individuals in order to provide comprehensive support service provision
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
- Ability to carry out complex data analysis to identify process improvements.
- Experience in supervising, supporting, and/or training others, as well as coordinating resources and organising own work.
- Ability to assert opinions and persuade others by developing logical and wellreasoned arguments.
- A high sense of confidentiality
Education: University degree, preferably MA in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both English & Arabic languages basic knowledge of French is an advantage
Required year of experience: At least 7 years of working experience or a master’s degree in a relevant field with 5 years of experience in the relative business streams of partnerships, donor relations, fund raising, etc
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Executive staff in HQ and Regional Directors in RB. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit or Chief.
At this level job holders have independent responsibility for technical, specialised work including planning, organisation and coordination, and setting objectives. They deal with a variety of complex issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. They have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. They are expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responsible for specialised support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
To contribute to the development of partnerships with donors to raise funds and mobilize resources to support WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the management of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing on-going donor stewardship and assessing results to maximize the resources raised for WFP in line with internal policies and external regulations.
- Coordinate and provide support in projects and operational activities that maintain and develop government & private partnerships, in order to maximize resources raised for the programme.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on donors and programmes for senior management
- Identify and recommend fundraising opportunities and resourcing issues, monitoring grants and forecasts (using Salesforce, WINGS and other corporate tools)
- Participate and assist in negotiations for contributions and partnership agreements, in line with internal policies and external regulations, to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Conduct prospect research, carry out targeted market research and develop donors mapping, ensure regular updates to identify prospect donors.
- Manage and monitor a variety of correspondence and documentation to ensure appropriate prioritization, routing, and that established deadlines are met; review documents and materials prepared by other staff for quality assurance and meeting established deadlines and donors’ criteria.
- Assist in Managing relationships with donors and monitoring grants and forecasts (using Salesforce, WINGS and other corporate tools).
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, presentations, and concept notes to effectively “sell and market” WFP to donors.
- Attend local and international formal meetings, sharing information, building relationships to enhances WFP visibility and expands WFP network.
- Ensure regular Assessment and enhancement to the procedures and the practices that contribute to the effectiveness of the donors’ relationship.
- Provide a full range of support services including follow-up actions, resolution of issues and unforeseen situations, for the effective functioning of partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Work in collaboration with other WFP units to align activities and ensure donor visibility and that donor conditions are met.
- 14.Prepare and consolidate documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, talking points, and NFRs.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.