SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Heifer Project International
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Apply by: 20 July 2018
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Heifer International is a global nonprofit with the goal of ending poverty and hunger in a sustainable fashion. Established in 1944, Heifer International gives out gifts of livestock, seeds and trees and extensive training to those in need. Based in Little Rock, Arkansas, Heifer International has helped more than 15.5 million families (79 million people) in more than 125 countries.
About Us: www.heifer.org
To serve as the Senior Communication Officer, in accordance with Heifer Project International (HPI) objectives, policies and procedures. The major function of the Communication Officer will be to assist head of Communication and Networking Department in ensuring that the internal and external communication are in line with the vision, mission and branding of Heifer International.
Accountable for developing communication materials, coordinating study tours and volunteers, and other logistical/administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Highly motivated, superb listener and communicator, relationship builder, energetic and positive, team builder, strives for shared vision, impact-driven and innovative, organized, having strong business acumen, pro-active, respect for procedures and norms, curious, analytical, socially sensitive, values-oriented, conviction towards holistic sustainable development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Internal and External Communication (30%)
- Develop visibility and communication materials working together with related departments.
- Disseminate Heifer publications (newsletter, annual report, fact-sheets, booklets, manuals etc.) to donor/ partner/ government organizations
- Develop social media content from Heifer programs in India and work with vendor to manage country website and social media presence.
- Participate in donor/HQ visits highlighting project progress and achievements.
- Coordinate communication activities and enhance visibility of Heifer Project International India.
- Support in implementation of communication strategy/plan of HPI and its projects.
- Assist in coordinating national and international campaigns, events, workshops, etc.
- Documentation and Knowledge Management (25%)
- Work closely with the PME department to assist in the management and proper documentation of information.
- Ensure the information needs of the organization are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Publish documentation of key information necessary for target stakeholders.
- Maintain archive of publications and key documents.
Branding and marking (20%)
- Ensure internal and external communication are in line with the vision, mission and branding of Heifer International.
- Develop/update branding and marking guidelines for HPI and its projects following Heifer’s branding policy.
- Ensure proper branding of Heifer in all of the visibility materials including branding of its projects.
Media mobilization (20%)
Responsible for mobilizing media relations for raising Heifer’s profile among wider audiences.
- Develop relationships and network with international, national and local media, journalists and publication houses.
- Manage media relations so that they play a role in raising Heifer’s profile and brand awareness.
- Prepare press releases, news, blogs and event reports and ensure transmission to appropriate media.
- Ensure coverage of news and events in print/visual media and social media.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Mass communication or relevant field plus three (3) years of related experience.
- Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English and Hindi, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets power point, web designing and desktop publishing.
- Ability to initiate and cultivate relationships with media personnel and journalists.
- Creative in designing publications and visibility materials.
- Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- May require constant sitting, standing and moving; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, potential donors, and the general public.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both locally and internationally.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online by accessing this link: https://www.heifer.org/about-heifer/careers/view-all-jobs.html and select the position “Senior Communication Officer” for filling your application online.