Senior Communications and Change Management Officer
World Food Programme, Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Establish common back offices for all UNCTs by 2022, possibly through a consolidation of location-dependent services, and consolidation of location-independent business operations into operations into six to seven networks of shared service centres that would be managed by the larger entities in the system to take advantage of their scale and geographical coverage and would offer services to other entities in the system.
- All UN Country Teams (UNCTs) to utilise an improved Business Operations Strategy (BOS) by 2021.
- Increase the proportion of UN common premises to 50% by 2021.
- All UN agencies to meet the principle of mutual recognition – where agencies recognise each other’s policies and processes to enable common services.
- Facilitate culture change by measuring “Client Satisfaction” for all business operation services;
- All entities should conduct a high-level review of the business operations services that they could offer to — or purchase from — other entities in the system.
- Each of these areas of work have significant communication and change management components which require planning, guidance and material.
The Senior Communications and Change Management Officer will be responsible to:
- Establish and maintain a network of internal communication focal points in BIG member organizations to ensure relevant information is shared and disseminated by the organizations as appropriate;
- Lead inter-agency efforts to create, disseminate, monitor and improve messaging, communication material and a change management plan for all aspects of work related to the Business Innovations Group;
- Create a Communication and Change Management Plan for the Business Innovations Group and the Project Team to highlight and educate stakeholders on the BIG’s workplan and progress;
- Provide guidance and change management messaging, including outreach strategies to engage staff at all levels on the BIG and its implications moving forward;
- Maintain updated change management messaging, liaising with key stakeholders of the BIG;
- Act as focal point for communication purposes with key stakeholders fostering two-way communication;
- Create and disseminate BIG communication products such as success stories from the field, Broadcast Messages, newsletters, blog posts, FAQs, PowerPoint presentations, and webinars, etc;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Eight to ten years of experience in the UN development / humanitarian sector and / or in a related organization.
- More than five years of experience at Officer level working in a team responsible for strategic communication or change management.
- Field experience with a humanitarian or development organization strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience implementing change management initiatives.
Education: At least a bachelor’s and preferably a Master’s degree in a field related to communications.