Senior Data Engineer
ThoughtWorks, Inc., Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
ThoughtWorks Singapore is looking for talented engineers passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
You will be responsible for :
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Advising clients on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available in the ecosystem
Ideally, you should have :
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Production-level hands-on experience working on HDFS, Java MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Oozie etc.
- Solid understanding of YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala etc.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Senior developers (7+ years) are expected to be the Architect for small and large enterprise projects. On larger projects, you are expected to work closely with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!
- please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. We will ask you to write code as part of your interview process, so be prepared! Our recruiters will be in touch.