UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, joy
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
How can you make a difference?
DSS is looking for a skilled project manager to help UNICEF in the process of implementing its global web platforms for external communications.
- Manage the progress of the rollout of the transition from the legacy CMS platform to new global Drupal platform;
- Collect and coordinate project requirements, goals, dependencies and resources;
- Act as the project focal point for all activities related to the rollout of the new web platform;
- Monitor actual transition and roll-out progress against plans and conduct risk analysis and mitigation when necessary;
- Report project status to supervisors and project stakeholders;
- Coordinate reviews with stakeholders;
- Coordinate the implementation of project plans with supervising staff to ensure adequate human and other resources are appropriately provided;
- Maintain project documentation;
- Establish tools and processes for project and resource management for the project team;
- Support training of Digital Strategy team on effective use of new methodologies and processes for web project management;
- Assist the design team in tracking and managing design projects;
- Assist in testing and coordinating user acceptance and quality assurance processes;
- Assist in documenting functional aspects of the Drupal platform;
- Assist in providing level 2 and level 3 support in troubleshooting functional and content related platform issues;
- May be asked to work on weekends;
- May be asked to travel;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
As an advocate for every child, you will have:
- Advanced university degree in communication, web development, new media, development, international communications and/or related, extensive training and experience in digital communications and project management, or an undergraduate degree plus at least 2 years of demonstrated professional experience in technical project management.
- A minimum of eight years of technical project management experience working on website or development of digital products related projects
- Experience in technology and creation of websites; web-savvy is a requirement
- Experience in building sites with Drupal as web content management system
- Degree or certification in Project Management a plus
- Experience working on enterprise-level web projects with localization and multiple users and groups
- Experience working with various project management methodologies
- Experience in managing design projects a plus
- Must have strong people skills and be a good diplomatic communicator
- Must be very well organized and detail oriented
- Experience with work in a non-profit organization a plus
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.