Senior Director of Operations (SDO) South Asia Pacific Region
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Lead in Operational Management (excellence in execution):
- As the primary responsibility is to lead the operational performance of the region, the SDO will ensure that regional line ministries and support functions work collaboratively across the regional office and with the Global Centre for the primary purpose of providing operational support to the national offices.
- Provide performance monitoring of National Offices based on key directions and indicators at the global level and regional level. Establish and facilitate business processes around performance monitoring of national offices. Support the Regional Leader to identify linkages between performance monitoring of national offices and performance management of NO senior management team as appropriate.
- The SDO will have primary or shared oversight for the following management support functions.
- Oversee the budget development and monitoring process for the region, supporting the Regional Finance Director (RFD).
- Ensure appropriate and adequate leadership is provided by the Finance function especially in the preparation for Regional Working Groups.
- Support RFD to ensure the development of strategies to ensure that appropriate cost reduction and cost control programmes are developed and adhered to.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to regional teams and national offices in establishing and updating multi-year strategy and corresponding business plans and objectives.
- Ensure alignment and integration of Regional Office operational strategy and goals of ministry areas and support functions with overall WV Partnership strategy and goals.
People & Culture (P&C):
- Contribute to organizational change and improvement at a strategic operational level within the Region working in collaboration with Regional P&C Director and Learning and Development Business Partner.
- Ensure development of regional and national support strategies in alignment with partnership strategies related to human capital management.
- Provide leadership to P&C function in support of leadership development, employee engagement, accountability, talent acquisition and capacity building.
- Ensure regional and national offices receive adequate P&C support.
Faith and Development:
- Ensure that National Offices have high quality and context appropriate F&D strategy and operations plan that meaningfully contribute to strategy implementation
Integrated Ministries - Program Support:
- Ensure the integration of quality assurance practices in all programmatic and functional areas across the region.
- Support National Offices to develop and implement appropriate child protection and advocacy strategies and ensure WV is positioned as a leading NGO in promoting the well-being and rights of children within the country context to deserve public and stakeholders confidence and trust.
- Ensure that Sponsorship across the Region is well integrated into programming, contributing to strategy implementation and compliant with quality standards.
- Ensure programme effectiveness and monitoring activities are in place, tracked, and reported.
Humanitarian Emergency and Affairs:
- Provide operational oversight to all CATEGORY II and III Emergency Relief responses in the Region in coordination / consultation with global HEA.
- Support National Offices to integrate disaster management and response into strategy and programmes.
Resource Development (Grant Acquisition and Management):
- Contribute to the promotion of a diverse funding culture, coordinate resource acquisition across the Region and ensure the implementation of grant funded projects according to standards.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the development of Grant Acquisition Management capability for the EASO regional office.
- Increase NO access to GAM support and ability to deliver the NO GAM strategy through partnership with the regional Resource Development team.
- Supervise the internal and external communications function in the Region in consultation with Global Communications, so that it facilitates the role of the region.
- Ensure communications support for the ministry pillars in the region working with the different directors on key messaging.
- Ensure a consistent avenue for leadership communication with the Region
- Promote and maintain open communications within the multiple leadership levels in the Region.
Security and Risk Management:
- Ensure the implementation of security protocols in the regional office and assist national offices to integrate sound security practices into their operations so as to enhance the safety and security of World Vision staff, assets and programmes and minimise operational risks to World Vision.
- Coordinate the management of security incidents with Global Security.
- Ensure that all key stakeholders in the Region understand the importance and urgency of timely response and meeting Partnership standards in all security incidences.
Leadership and Execution of Strategic Plan:
- Ensure alignment and integration of Regional operational strategy and goals of line ministries and support functions with overall WV Partnership strategy and goals, including VisionFund.
- Working with Operations Leadership Team (OLT) provide leadership for translating Regional Strategy into operational plans and budget for the Regional office. Provide support to the RL and work with ROSM in the preparation, implementation and follow-up to RWG processes.
- Provide Leadership to Regional OLT, including performance management and development. Mentor, coach and facilitate the career progression and leadership development for members of the regional team, especially identified top talent.
- Ensure appropriate energy and focus is put into supporting the regional team in managing as twin citizens in a matrix environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance in the formulation of operational policies and standards for the office management unit and mechanisms for monitoring compliance with and consistency in the interpretation and implementation of such policies and procedures.
Coordinate the provision of all shared services available from the Global Centre to support the region:
- Information Technology (IT), International Staffing Solutions (ISS) and Audit.
Other responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison / coordination with partnership entities as needed for planning and problem solving purposes in relation to regional operations. e.g. Global Centre Departments, Support Offices (International Programmes Groups), other regions.
- Technical external relationships/representation. Develop relationships with external agencies core to our operations, liaising closely with those responsible for external relationships and representation to ensure aligned approach to our partners.
- Other regional-specific responsibilities and as tasked by the regional leader.
- Active contribution and leadership in spiritual nurture of staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Educational level required: Masters Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience: 10 years of experience in providing operational leadership in more than one function or country. National Directors experience and working in different contexts/countries preferred.
- A deep and broad understanding of business operations within World Vision.
- Significant multi-cultural leadership and management experience in Asia preferred.
- Strong Christian commitment, spiritual maturity and discernment evidenced by life and character including active and regular fellowship with other Christians.
- Proven ability to support an organization through change and growth.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding operational and programmatic skills and strategy management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally up to 12 weeks per year (25%).
- Professional maturity to provide counsel and expertise as well as actionable feedback. The ability to identify the highest leverage changes required and the self-confidence to work with senior executives, challenging their perspective as appropriate, to achieve buy in for key changes and/or initiatives. Demonstrates an appropriate sense of urgency while remaining calm and in control under pressure. Strong team leader versus authoritative leader.
Preferred: Management experience in Asia