Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/India seeks to evaluate the extent to which the Millennium Alliance (MA) platform has been effective at leveraging Indian creativity and resources to identify and scale innovative solutions that will address development challenges that are a focus of USAID/India and/or the Government of India. The evaluation aims to determine whether the goal and objectives of the three components of the MA project are being met. The three components are:
- Seeding and scaling innovations to achieve concrete development outcomes.
- Platform and partnership development.
- Knowledge management and communications.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluation Specialist to serve as a team leader to manage the overall implementation of the evaluation with the support of other subject matter experts. They will be responsible for all deliverables and reporting requirements, including an in-briefing session with the USAID/India and/or the Government of India. The estimated period for undertaking this evaluation is eight to ten weeks. However, the exact evaluation initiation dates will be finalized by USAID.
- Conduct a thorough review of the program through site visits and interviews.
- Oversee the overall design of the evaluation framework, including methodological determinations; organization of calendar/travel/meetings; management of interviews, and other data collection events; and analysis of data with input from team members to draft the evaluation report and presentation.
- Meet with the COR and representatives from the technical offices and Program Offices to provide an update on status, key issues affecting project implementation, and any initial findings/tentative conclusions.
- Provide to the COR weekly email updates on status and key issues throughout the evaluation process.
- Ensure that all expected tasks and deliverables are achieved on time and of high quality.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree with at least 10 years of professional experience coordinating similarly complex evaluations, and leading evaluation teams.
- Must have performed program/project evaluation and used quantitative/qualitative methods; surveys/sampling/focus groups; development of results frameworks, indicators and M&E systems.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing effectiveness, relevance and efficiency of the public-private partnerships programs.
- Experience with evaluations on impact investment, venture capital and understands the innovation and ecosystem.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of evaluation methodologies and their practical applications.
- Fluency in English required.