Senior Facilities Planning and Management Officer
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, and overseeing the implementation of the integrated Energy, Environment, Health, and Safety Management System (E2HSMS) of ADB, based on ISO 14001/ISO 50001/OHSAS 18001 standards, and Green Building certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) guidelines. Oversees and supervises E2HSMS and LEED-related service contracts and service legal agreements. To act as Pollution Control Officer (PCO) of ADB.
Planning and Development
- Initiates and formulates annual work program for implementation and recertification under Energy, Environment, Health, and Safety Management System (E2HSMS), and the LEED initiatives.
- Reviews objectives, targets and programs on energy, water, paper, electricity and solid waste reduction.
- Coordinates activities of the different resource conservation committees on energy, paper, water, and solid waste reduction to achieve objectives, targets and programs.
- Coordinates with service providers in headquarters (HQ) in developing and formulating guidelines and best practices on ADB facilities and building operations.
- Maintains, reviews and updates E2HSMS documents such as Policy Manual, Procedures and Guidelines, and Best Practices Manual.
- Plans, organizes, monitors and controls the implementation of the Energy Management System (EMS) to conserve energy consumption of the significant energy users without compromising the efficiency of facilities equipment operations in HQ.
Implementation and Operation
- Leads the implementation of E2HSMS by (i) coordinating activities with other departments of ADB (OIST, BPMSD, DER, RSDD); and (ii) convening regular meetings with ISO and LEED Working Groups.
- Organizes annual E2HSMS Management Review Meetings in preparation for Annual Surveillance and Recertification Audits.
- Formulates and conducts annual off-site internal ISO audits of service providers for compliance to legal requirements and standards.
- Ensures implementation and closure of all corrective and preventive actions by service providers in HQ. Provides regular updates on resource conservation/ISO contribution to ADB sustainability to the Office of the Principal Director (OAOD) and other departments concerned.
- Responds to internal and external queries on ISO concerns, provides technical support to outreach activities that underscores green building initiatives to external local and international organizations and institutions.
Training and Communication
- Plans, organizes and conducts regular orientation/training of new ADB staff, contractors, consultants, service providers, official visitors and guests on ISO 14001/ISO 50001/OHSAS 18001 and LEED standards; and provides continuing E2HSMS orientations to sustain ISO awareness in ADB.
- Conducts sessions on external trainings attended by working group members to interested and business units, offices and departments for information and learning.
- Formulates annual training program for skills enhancement of ISO internal auditors and LEED Working Group.
- Prepares write-ups/articles for posting to ADB newsletters/brochures.
- Shares ADB’s achievements, programs and best practices with other international organizations like the international financial institutions (IFIs) and United Nations (UN) by participating in technical surveys and feedback programs
Monitoring and Measurement
- Initiates and coordinates monitoring programs on indoor environment and quality based on international standards:
- Measuring indoor air quality in office work environment as well as conference and meeting work spaces in HQ;
- Sampling and analyzing drinking water quality;
- Sampling and analyzing pollution prevention parameters of treated waste water from the central sewage treatment plant, exhaust air quality of standby generator sets,
- Controlling and reducing solid waste generation and disposal; and
- Measuring and controlling resource conservation parameters such as reduction in water consumption, electricity consumption, paper utilization and solid waste reduction as part of corporate social responsibility.
Audit and Review
- Plans and formulates Annual Internal Audit Plan to ensure implementation and monitoring of objectives, targets and programs.
- Supervises and reviews the conduct of annual internal audit by auditors.
- Coordinates, updates and monitors Corrective and Preventive Action Report (CPAR) Monitoring Sheets and Internal Audit Observation Sheets.
- Coordinates the yearly external audit with the different business units, offices and departments, and service providers.
Database and Webpage Maintenance in HQ
- Maintains ISO webpage/database on policies/best practices/guidelines, including updates, upgrades and reformats.
- Maintains reports of emergencies, incidents, accidents or near misses and the respective responses as part of OHSAS 18001 requirements.
Database Management for Field Offices (FO)
- Plans and coordinates collection of resource conservation data, and establish resource conservation baseline.
- Formulates and implements conservation program for FOs.
- Coordinates with field offices on the green building initiatives.
- Coordinates with various service providers to ensure proper implementation of contracts.
- Reviews service contracts and prepares Work Performance Statements and Service Level Agreements in accordance with established policies and guidelines of ADB.
- Evaluates performance of service providers monthly and prepares reports. Discusses evaluation and monitors areas for improvement.
- Supports the Office of the Secretary (OSEC) in the implementation of ISO 20121, Sustainable Events Management System at ADB Annual Meetings.
- Plans and coordinates other ISO certification programs for ADB-HQ, business continuity facility, and FOs which are related to carbon footprint including data collection methodology and reports; and implementation of controls.
- Acts as ADB representative to the Ortigas Center Association (OCAI), local green building associations and government organizations
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or Architecture. Preferably with Master's Degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a relevant field
- At least 4 years supervisory experience in operating and maintaining facilities under ISO certified programs and LEED standards
- Ability to analyze procedural, operational and strategic issues in environmental impact assessment/risk assessment and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of E2HSMS and LEED implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental management system (EMS) implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of ADB's standard computer applications.
People and supervisory skills
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.