Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Winrock International, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Finance and Administrative (Sr. F&A) Officer is responsible for overall financial management including financial practices, record and reporting, preparation of budget, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities as well as accounts payable and receivable. The Sr. F&A officer is also responsible for procurement, logistics and other administrative responsibilities, including contractual matters, human resource administration and efficient office management in accordance with Winrock International (WI) policies and procedures. Equally, Sr. F&A officer ensures adherence to local laws, WI policies and procedures, and donor requirements while performing his/her duties. Sr. F&A officer also supervises accountant and other administrative and support staff.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of seven years relevant work experience in F&A Management in similar international organization.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or equivalent;
- Postgraduate Degree or Certification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA, CFE, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience administering funding from international donors (USAID, DFID, ADB, GIZ, etc.)
- Availability to travel as and when required
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Nepali language
- Sound computer skills and knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks is required
- Quick learner, team player and flexible
Under the overall guidance and the immediate supervision of Director, REPSO Nepal, the Sr. F&A Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare annual and monthly operations and project budgets in conjunction with Project Officer/Director. Work closely with WI HQ team as instructed by Director, REPSO-Nepal.
- Administer financial system (QuickBooks Pro) and digital and hard copy records. Monitors financial position and ensures adequate cash flow through review and preparation of monthly activity budgets for cash request in compliance with approved budget and donor requirements.
- Prepare financial reports to donors, local government entities, and others as required and ensure the documents that undergo with invoices, receipts, ledgers and purchase orders, confirms records of expenditures are correct
- Ensure payroll to staff and other in time with local tax and labor law and day to day office operations.
- Supervise work of Accountant and support staff team; provide or arrange for training and capacity building as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit invoices to donor with approval of HQ; monitor status of receivables
- Advise and provide analytical support to Director, REPSO Nepal and technical staff to promote effective financial management, planning, and control of the project activities and resources.
- Monitor expenditure of REPSO Nepal funds by project partners to ensure that WI resources are utilized as agreed and are accurately reported.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to provide the information requested; provide management responses in collaboration with HQ Finance controller and ensures that recommended changes are promptly enacted.
- Provide seamless technical assistance to project team on financial, logistic and administrative issues.
- Ensure delivery of specialized financial and administrative support related to account, logistics, procurement (inventory) and supply including service contracting and insurance related to office operations.
- Coordinate and assist Director REPSO-Nepal in recruiting, hiring of staff; evaluation of F&A staff performance and other human resource services.
- Advise on the interpretation/application of REPSO-Nepal office manual and other WI policies and procedures.