Senior Finance Manager
FHI 360, Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Finance Manager will oversee sound financial management, subgrant management and overall administration of the TBPS project. S/he will ensure the project functions efficiently in all financial and administrative matters. S/He will also provide financial technical assistance and develop the capacity of partner organizations in country. S/He will ensure the achievement of all financial
control and performance objectives in accordance with requirements of FHI360, TBPS, and USAID.
- Review and analyze monthly financial budgets, both actual and forecast. Direct and manage the program budget in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitor the expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Provide leadership and support for all financial management areas, including accounting, payments, reporting systems and procedures. Coordinate with related staff to ensure that project budgets, accounting and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively.
- Review and approve monthly close financial reports for submission to Corporate Accounting.
- Review the financial transactions of the TBPS project to ensure compliance with Indonesian tax laws and regulations.
- Responsible for all financial reporting including donor reports, annual VAT ; quarterly accruals, monthly labor allocation, separation accruals, and country-specific; and tracking of subaward expenditures.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to company management and funders, as required.
- Work with technical staff to prepare and monitor approved budgets for assigned interventions.
- Ensure all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360, TBPS and USAID.
- Provide recommendations and consult with the TBPS Chief of Party/Project Director on financial compliance issues.
- Oversee the monitoring and review of subproject financial reports to ensure compliance with subproject budgets, FHI 360 and TBPS policies, and USAID rules and regulations. Ensure that each invoice is uploaded into the Subaward Tracking (SAT) database.
- Perform review of project expenses and review all documentation related to VAT-exemption requests. Update and maintain internal control system for all VAT related transactions and exemption requests.
- Supervise the daily work of finance staff members.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentor staff. Build capacity of finance staff on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices, etc.
- Ensure all the tax calculations are correct for FHI 360.
- Manage the finance team within TBPS project.
- Participate and contribute to the overall mission of FHI 360 and perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field, and 8-10 years’ relevant experience in a business setting. Master degree is an advantage.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software.
- Prior experience working on USAID programs and working in an international NGO environment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Deltek Costpoint enterprise software system experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of office software, including Word and Excel.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.