Senior Finance Manager
Spark, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Finance Manager will manage SPARK’s Finance department on a day-to-day basis and ensures coordination with human resources, programme management and ICT. Moreover, the Senior Finance Manager will be part of a management team and as such, be aware and actively involved in overarching organizational matters. The Senior Finance Manager will lead a central finance team and closely collaborate with finance officers in the field offices. He or she reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The Senior Finance Manager is based in Amsterdam or Belgrade, but is willing to occasionally travel to the countries SPARK works in.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Submit quarterly reports to Board of Directors and Regional/Country/Programme Managers, to facilitate information-based decision making;
- Prepare cash flow projections to assure sufficient liquidity and solvency levels;
- Lead the closing of the NL Financial Annual report;
- Participate in the Management Team to assure and safeguard financial long term sustainability;
- Liaise with other Senior Managers to increase coherence within the SPARK system;
- Develop, maintain & promote SPARK’s internal (ISO) policies, in order to assure a strong internal control environment;
- Review and discuss country & project BVS reports, in preparation for donor reporting and external auditing;
- Handle financial responsibilities for HQ projects, including the preparation of audit report;
- Handle financial responsibilities for profit share projects;
- Prepare and update the annual SPARK budget.
Requirements and Skills
- Master’s degree in Economics, Accounting, or (Business) Administration;
- 10 years’ experience in a financial position or as an auditor, of which 5 are in a leading role(experience within the NGO sector is a plus);
- Profound experience in annual reporting and providing (financial) management information;
- Experience in and knowledge of developing/maintaining (financial) internal control and risk management concepts and systems;
- Profound experience with bookkeeping/accounting/ERP systems and excel;
- Knowledge of Dutch accounting regulations for the non-profit sector and relevant tax rules/regulations;
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English. French or Arabic is a plus;
- Dutch nationality or in the possession of work permit in the Netherlands.
- 40 hrs/week contract for 1 year initially, with possibility for extension;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.750 and € 4.750 depending on professional experience and based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours;
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.