Senior Finance Officer
The Southern Africa Trust, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
The Southern Africa Trust (the Trust) is an independent regional-level agency that works across the sixteen (16) Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) countries. It supports deeper and wider policy engagement between state and non-state actors to change the systems that keep people in poverty.
The Southern Africa Trust seeks to appoint a Senior Finance Officer, to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of the position is to support the Finance Manager achieve finance strategic objectives through the implementation of integrated financial services in line with developed policies and procedures.
- Inventory, fixed assets and accounting system management
- Cash movement and payment processing (operations)
- Tax returns
- Invoice and debtors’ and creditors’ reconciliation
- Financial support and petty cash administration
- A relevant B.Com Degree or Higher Diploma in Financial Management/Accounting
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in finance including financial accounting and reporting
- Experience in Grant management is highly desirable
- A passion for development and an understanding of poverty and inequality challenges and human rights development will be an advantage
- Applicants must, at the time of application have fluency in English (both oral and written proficiency)
- Knowledge of French and Portuguese will be an added
- Accounting principles, procedural rules and processes
- Accounting systems particularly AccPac (Sage ERP300)
- Regulations guiding public sector accounting
- Analytical ability and Decisiveness
- Operations management
- Policy implementation and compliance
- Project management
- Knowledge of all applicable national legislation and policies
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to firstname.lastname@example.org include “Senior Finance Officer” in the subject line.