Senior Finance Officer
FHI 360, Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Operates under the direction of the Finance Manager in all matters. Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for grant administration activities for the development and management of Sub awards issued by FHI 360. This position requires the ability to interpret and administer a variety of regulations, policies, grant agreements, and award documents to determine grant compliance requirement, allowable expenditure, payment provisions, and financial and other reporting requirements and financial monitoring information. The incumbent should demonstrate understanding of grant and financial management independently, and should possess a good Interpersonal and Negotiation skills in resolving issues with In-country FHI360 staffs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in reviewing and analyzing the budgetary sections of proposed sub awards documents submitted to CMS, to ensure that the budgetary sections are completed and conform to the established guidelines and are compliance with FHI 360 requirements;
- Review the sub award financial template and ensures that all sections are complete and accurate;
- Coordinate directly with program staff and implementing agencies on timely submission of the monthly financial reports;
- Review monthly financial reports of implementing agencies that have received financial support from FH1360;
- Prepare wire transfer (funding request) and submits tor approval;
- Participates and perform the due diligence for all financial matters of new Implementing Agencies as per FHI 360 compliance requirements;
- Participates and Conduct Finance &Administrative review of Implementing Agency as per the schedule;
- Review and analyze account balances related to Sub-awardee.
- Maintains FHI 360 sub award documents related to finance in an organized fashion which can be retrieve and easily accessible to all FHI 360 Myanmar Country staff;
- Maintains all necessary documents: correspondence, letters, financial information received and sent to Implementing Agencies in a designated individual file;
- Maintain and update the Financial Information database of Implementing Partners and circulate to appropriate staff as and when required;
- Update and maintain the FHI 360's web-based Sub-Award Tracking System on regular basis;
- Maintains a good relationship with Country Offices personnel and implementing agencies;
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing monthly financial reports;
- Track and ensure that all the staff advances are reconciled within FHI360 policies;
- Track grantees expenses and advance payments to ensure they are in line with the grants agreements;
- Check that GL transactions are in line with CSM projects;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting and or equivalent professional level;
- A strong command of relevant professional theory, techniques, practices and procedures, with fair knowledge of contracting principles;
- At least six years' experience locally or internationally in grants and financial management;
- A sound knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and processes;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks;
- The ability to introduce updated technology to facilitate procedures and achieve Project objectives;
- Proficiency in English and Myanmar.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.