FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
The FHI 360 Zambia Country currently invites applications from interested candidates on the USAID Open Doors Project. The USAID Open Doors Project is an activity providing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services to key populations in targeted provinces of Zambia with the goal of contributing to a reduction in new HIV infections, in alignment with Zambia’s National AIDS Strategic Framework (NASF), 2014 – 2016. Open Doors Project supports the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) as it works towards the goal of an AIDS-Free generation, in Zambia, as well as globally.
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply immediately for consideration.
To act in collaborative capacity with the Director, Enterprise Services with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. The Senior Finance and Administration Officer is expected to assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and coordination of projects activities as outlined hereunder.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide financial support to the USAID Open Doors Project Director of Financial Management and Operations to enhance institutional capacity building in budget development.
- Prepare GFAS entries as assigned including invoices and journal entries.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis.
- Review petty cash reconciliations on a monthly basis and conduct spontaneous petty cash spot checks.
- Facilitate the payment of vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Work with the USAID Open Doors Technical team in the analysis of expenditure trends by program areas/activities.
- Coordinate the tracking of program allocated budgets and development of program activity budgets in Lusaka and the field offices.
- Review of training budgets on a monthly basis.
- Maintain physical inventory listings as per established FHI360 standards, which include inventory listing and reconciliation of records to the GFAS accounting system.
- Perform accurate and timely reconciliations of advances (including travel, workshop advances, other receivables and prepaid accounts) to field office balances per FHI360 General Ledger, to the GFAS Country Office Balance Sheet.
- Review of travel expense reports. Perform project funding pipeline forecasts on a regular basis in current templates per deadlines, and transition to updated tools and processes as directed by FHI360 Financial and Global Operations management. Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations is required.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Experience working as a member of high performance team.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners and community-based organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
Qualifications and requirements:
Graduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance or related field. Full ACCA/CIMA qualification. Five years’ experience in administration and finance. Strong working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.