The Senior Finance Officer will provide professional support for financial matters in the FHI 360 Vietnam country office. Under the leadership by the Finance Associate Director or the assignee, S/he will support FHI 360’s project financial management, in compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulations, award requirements, and local laws.
- Support for financial management of subawards.
- Administer financial pre-award assessments for organization proposed to receive a subaward.
- Take part in subaward development and management, including reviewing subaward budgets, managing obligations and expenditures, reviewing subaward financial reports and making reccommendations for project monitor approval.
- Maintain subaward management system, subaward repository and documentation
- Assist in managing project activities not funded through subawards.
- Prepare subaward reports to internal and external parties as required.
- Provide accounting assistance, including orientation, and oversight as needed for implementing partners which have subawards with FHI 360.
- Provide direction and guidance to local, consortium partner and sub-contractor staff on financial compliance issues, financial requirements, and other administrative questions.
- Provide assistance during internal or external audits.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is an advantage.
- Ability to work well with all project staff, implementing agencies, GNV counterparts, donor agencies;
- Analytical and results oriented; honest and accurate; mature and reliable.
- Auditing skills are an advantage.
- Computer literate with strong skills in the use of the MS office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Well-developed communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to travel as necessary
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.