Senior Financial Assistant
The World Bank, Washington D.C., United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Working with a high level of discretion and confidentiality in providing wide-ranging financial and executive assistance to the Director, the Senior Financial Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supporting and participating in the coordination and preparation of presentations, reports, logistical arrangements and briefings to the Bank’s Senior Management Team, the CFO, Treasury’s Executive Committees and the Bank’s internal and external auditors;
- Preparing presentations and reports for internal and external clients leveraging on her/his understanding of economic and financial principles and terminologies;
- Providing research assistance, analytical and/or support to the Director in areas related to investment finance and financial economics, as well as support additional analytical work and projects as needed within the unit, using basic econometrics and fixed income mathematics acquired in a university setting or through relevant work experience;
- Serving as the first point of contact for the Director and liaising with an extensive network of contacts, both internal and external;
- Responding to inquiries from internal and external counterparts/clients and coordinating the maintenance of the Department’s contacts database;
- Coordinating the smooth administrative workflow of the Director’s office and the department, including general office procedures and guidelines;
- Ensuring QRA-wide adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring Director’s approval and/or signature;
- Assisting in the processing of board documents and other correspondence requiring legal clearance;
- Working with the QRA Management Team and other staff to ensure that QRA’s business continuity plans and equipment are up-to-date and fully functional;
- Assisting in the planning, development, coordination and support of QRA-related seminars / trainings / retreats / conferences / meetings and other TRE-wide activities;
- Interviewing, recruiting, training, mentoring and overseeing of junior staff in an effective manner;
- Providing leadership and guidance to the support team within QRA;
- Coordinating the TRS and LARS as well as training and assisting staff in the proper use of these systems;
- Interfacing with resource management staff and undertake tasks related to resource management as necessary;
- Managing the day-to-day calendar, screening incoming correspondence, documents and messages, preparing responses and/or ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Overseeing the medium- and longer-term planning schedule for the Director, including all travel in connection with speaking engagements, conferences and business meetings with other financial counterparts;
- Providing general research support as needed; and
- Handling ad hoc duties that may be assigned.
- Degree in relevant field and a minimum 7 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of economic and financial principles and terminologies acquired in a university setting or through relevant work experience.
- Understanding of basic econometrics and fixed income mathematics acquired in a university setting or through relevant work experience.
- A strong team player with the confidence to interact at all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s operations, policies, procedures, and practices, as well as its financial position, good understanding of Treasury operations is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills, including the ability to empower, motivate, mentor, train and supervise staff effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently respond to extensive and diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible. Be able to process, handle, and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of activities concurrently, and must possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent office technology skills, including experience with SAP, Notes and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and mature judgment; ability to work under pressure to achieve individual and team results.
- Flexibility in work and willingness to perform additional tasks, as required, and work overtime on short notice, when required.
- Positive attitude, high degree of initiative and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Highest ethical standards.