(Senior) Financial Reporting Officer
European Investment Fund, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
The Financial Control Division is composed of the four Units:
- The Financial Operations Unit mainly responsible for settling the transactions;
- The Financial Accounting Unit mainly responsible of the bookkeeping;
- The Financial Reporting Unit;
- The Liquidity Management Unit mainly responsible of managing the liquidity and the treasury portfolios of EIF and the mandates managed by EIF.
- As part of the Financial Control Division, the Financial Reporting Unit manages various financial reporting matters in connection with the EIF activity and with the mandates managed by the EIF on behalf of third parties.
- You will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Unit – Financial Reporting and report ultimately to the Head of Division. You will cooperate closely with other relevant services inside the EIB Group as well as external auditors.
You will mainly:
- Prepare the regular financial reports and semi-annual/annual financial statements for the mandates managed by the EIF on behalf of third parties;
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and reliability of financial data when preparing the financial statements or any financial reporting in accordance with the selected General Accepted Accounting Principles including those derived from IFRS or IPSAS;
- Analyse new accounting standards and designing their implementation accordingly;
- Evaluate, design and implement new products/ new mandate with the Unit from a financial reporting point of view;
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing and improvements to processes within the team;
- Manage relationships with the external auditors in the context of the audit of the financial statements and to challenge questions raised during the audits.
- University qualification, preferably at postgraduate level, in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a relevant field;
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in financial reporting or in external audit, preferably gained in the banking sector;
- Good knowledge of preparing financial statements and any financial report in accordance with the selected Accounting Framework;
- Very good understanding of the EIF’s mission, procedures, activities, financial instruments and products offered by the EIF is necessary;
- Sound knowledge of the financial instruments offered by the EIF and their impacts on the applicable accounting framework;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Business Object. Knowledge of IBM Cognos is a considerable asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.