World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Purpose of the position:
The Senior Grants Finance Manager is required to lead and provide overall Grants financial management and compliance to World Vision Uganda, with the primary objective of coordinating the development of a high-quality grants budget proposal and the excellent management of grants implementation, including budgeting, reporting, and project auditing.
The job holder will lead a team to provide excellent services that will enable WV Uganda Operations and Ministry to be efficient and fully complied with WV standard and various donor requirements.
Grants Financial Management and Reporting
- Provide leadership to ensure that all grants/projects reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support office within the required time schedules.
- Manage the Grant Tracking Sheet and provide timely financial analysis across a portfolio of grants to Operations Team to ensure the effective and solid implementation of projects.
- Ensure spending is within the budget limit to control under/overspending within project.
- Lead the budgeting in grant proposal development to ensure timely, competitive and high-quality budget with adequate cost recovery.
- Develop and maintain good professional networks with the NOs Grants Acquisition Managers, SO IPGs, Global and Regional GAM Unit.
- Ensure accurate and fully coded budgets align with WV and Donor requirements.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that various donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes; keep the Finance Director informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
Lead the preparation of various donor audits
- Ensure all follow-up actions and implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
- Observe and monitor all internal control issues around grants.
Networking and Collaboration
- Correspond and build a strong relationship with WV SOs, donors, and NO management regarding the grants budget, project income, expenditure, and reporting.
- Lead WV Uganda in dealing with WFP and other UN Agencies for the timely fund reimbursement.
- Liaise with Donor and Support Office regarding the grants project budget, project income, expenditure and reporting
- Actively participate in INGO Finance Network and the WV Global Grants Finance related forum.
People Management and Development
- Implement a capacity development plan and create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices.
- Carry out performance management for the Grants Finance unit.- Provide a supervisory role to the senior grants officer in ensuring continuity of the project cycle management and adherence to Field Finance Manual
- Train and provide mentoring to all grant finance staff on matters related to grants finance management.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Requires a University degree in accounting or equivalent or a full Professional Accounting qualification; ACCA, ICMA, CPA, CA, or its equivalent.
- Experience in major donor regulations such as WFP, USAID,EU, ECHO and UN funding streams is a must.
- Five years of experience at a senior-level
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures and staff management skills.
- Donor/Grant accounting experience within Consortiums and/or complex grants is preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Excellent Writing skills
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative and innovative. Must be a team builder and adaptable.