Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
- The incumbent is the first point of contact with WHO clients and end users, and will be a main resource in WHO in providing advanced level of end user support.
- He/she will have to work tactfully with both professional and general service staff to balance situations of conflicting priorities as well as to ensure that guidelines/policies are followed.
- The incumbent will work independently and with minimal supervision, and is responsible to produce a high quality of work, and contribute to define guidelines and standard operating procedures, and act as Subject Matter Expert for one or more areas of support, and will provide guidance and mentoring to Helpdesk Analysts.
- The supervisor focuses on the provision of feedback on results and achievements, with ongoing work reviewed only upon completion.
- Instruction and guidance are received for special or complicated cases, which may be reviewed while in progress.
The incumbent's responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- To provide optimized end-user support services.
- To act as Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of support, and provide advanced technical support on complex issues that requires in depth understanding of products in the areas of Incident Management, Major Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfilment, User Announcements.
- Mentor, coach, train and guide Helpdesk Analysts.
- To recommend appropriate course of action to resolve tickets or escalate accordingly.
- Ensures tickets that cannot be resolved at this level are escalated to the next level in a timely manner, with all troubleshooting steps and information collected documented.
- Proactively seek new solutions and knowledge that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the team, and channels any new knowledge or solution identified to create new Knowledge Base articles.
- Takes action to review, update or decommission Knowledge Base articles where gaps or issues are identified.
- Identifies gaps and contributes to fill in gaps of documentation and SOP documents.
- Work together with supervisor in identifying and providing input on specialized training needs for the team and participates in the development of training plan.
- Produces statistical reports as necessary.
- Take part in the project to service transition activities such as UAT testing, train-the-trainer, and provide input/feedback on projects, and may take over operational activities from other L3 teams where SOP are clearly defined.
- Provide input and feedback to the relevant service owners and ITT teams regarding the performance and enhancement of the WHO computing environment Identifies and highlights recurring issues and take action as Major Incident Manager or Problem Manager accordingly, performs trend analysis and may be required to respond to events triggered from Event Management process.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of secondary, technical, or commercial school education.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- Vendor and non-vendor specific certifications in customer service, Windows, Microsoft Office, and networks.
- Training in IT end-user support and global shared services/call center environments.
- Proven advanced knowledge of Incident Management across Desktop Technologies (Windows Clients and Microsoft Office applications) and/or Business Applications (such as ERP systems).
- Demonstrable self-training.
- Advanced knowledge in service desk systems, incident and problem handling and escalation.
- Excellent phone etiquette and phone handling skills/techniques.
- Capability to translate the language of customers into useful technical information and vice versa.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Thorough knowledge of current technologies as it relates to end-user support and business strategies and keeping abreast of latest technology updates.
- Advanced knowledge of WHO/UN ICT and IT Global Applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using and troubleshooting network connectivity (wired and wireless) for both home and office.
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL concepts and processes, and using helpdesk ticketing system.
- Knowledge on coaching/mentoring.
- Excellent written and oral communications and training skills for educating and encouraging users.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with various levels of employees.
- Capacity for immediate self-education in use of new systems and software applications.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in experience, including providing end-user support in a corporate environment, or;
- 6 years with a relevant University Degree or;
- 5 years with a relevant Advanced University Degree.
- Solid experience in providing advanced level IT and Oracle e-Business applications support in international organizations, global call center or service desk environment.
- Experience in WHO computing environment.
- Prior experience in global shared services/call center.
-Expert knowledge English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an advantage.
- This position works on a shift based schedule. Such shifts may occur during late evening/or early morning hours.
- This vacancy is open to candidates in the local commuting area.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this Vacancy Notice; including those of a temporary nature for a period of 12 months.
- A written test may be used for screening purposes.
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, child allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Annual salary ranges from MYR52,727 to MYR66,792 depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34132&vaclng=en