Senior HR Business Partner
International Finance Corporation, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
- IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
- IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to build and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Resources, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas:
- Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
- Talent and Incentives – designs standard methodology HR solutions in onboarding, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development;
- Employment Framework and Recruitment – delivers recruitment solutions and diversity & inclusion initiatives, and develops and supports HR strategy, policies, procedures, and knowledge management; and
- Strategic Initiatives – manages key HR initiatives, such as Board engagement, fragile and conflict states, workforce planning, position management and people analytics and reporting.
- The IFC HR Client Services Team is seeking to hire a Senior HR Business Partner (Senior HRBP), based in Cairo, Egypt to cover IFC’s business in the Middle East and North Africa (with offices in Cairo, Amman, Beirut, Dubai, Rabat, Tunis, Algiers, Baghdad, Riyadh, and West Bank and Gaza). The regional VP is based in Washington DC, and the regional director based in Cairo), and the Business Partner will report to the Manager, HR Client Services based in Washington, DC.
- As part of the regional HR team (one HR analyst and one HR assistant, based in the same location), the Senior HRBP will work closely with directors and managers on issues of organizational development and organisational change, based on a proven understanding of the business; participate in the development of new programs and policies; and coordinate activities with colleagues in HR Programs and the Centers of Expertise.
- He/she will be for his/her clients the focal point of all HR matters in the countries under his/her coverage, including recruitment, on-boarding, management and staff development, performance management, workforce planning, compensation and benefits, learning, career counseling, succession planning and separations.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Advise staff and managers on HR policies and practices. Provide strategic advice to develop innovative HR approaches and solutions to complex problems using judgement and leveraging HR resources as appropriate.
- Contribute to policy development by actively working with the Policy Unit on the need to adjust policy and by contributing to policy reviews.
- Planning and Analytics, and Work Force Management:Proactively use HR analytics to understand the staffing trends in the client area.
- Advise and assist managers in workforce planning, taking into account existing and anticipated work requirements and institutional goals/objectives, e.g. analyze and advise on appropriate staffing levels, skill mix, work force diversity that corresponds to work program requirements and advances corporate goals, including support to job definition and selection of candidates, staff reassignment, mobility issues, and exit strategies and processes.
- Understand the business model of the client and ability to assist the client managers in identifying the emerging HR implications for their work force.Management of Performance and Development:Advise managers and staff on effective career and performance management, and take the lead in identifying, assessing and resolving issues, problems, and conflicts, drawing on other World Bank Group resources as appropriate.
- Provide support on handling complex cases (e.g. performance, health and exit).
- Organizational Efficiency/Business Consulting:Advise and support in the design and implementation of organizational efficiency interventions, facilitation, development and management of robust teams;Mobilize resources from the HR Team and other units within the World Bank Group HR Function, as required, to support effective HR management in the client area;Participate as a team member on HR projects, working groups, task forces, etc.
- in the client area and/or at corporate level;Contribute to the implementation of the corporate HR agenda.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field, with at least eight years of significant experience in HR; prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Broad-based knowledge and extensive experience in all major facets of HR management, current and emerging trends and practices; and in-depth knowledge and experience in more than one functional area of specialization, e.g. recruitment, performance management, career development, management coaching, or HR consulting.
- Sound knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- Demonstrable track record to identify and implement business related HR interventions, and ability to maximize the valuable resources available within HR to provide high quality client services.
- Proven track record in implementing organizational development, performance management and/or organizational change projects.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with analytical tools.
- Strong drive for results with an understanding of assessing the risks, benefits and possible adverse consequences of different options while solving problems.Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to “roll-up your sleeves” to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills as well as experience in building and sustaining strong client relationships at the senior level; proven capability to build the reputation of a trusted advisor to managers and staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.International experience and understanding of multicultural issues.