UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, [insert tagline]
Under the supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist, the Senior Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the unit and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations. Â
How can you make a difference?
Support in Recruitment and Placement
- Lead the recruitment of General Services according to the UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Assist the Human Resource Specialist in the recruitment of National Officers and International Professionals according to UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepare minutes of the Selection Panel and Local Central Review Body and prepares regret letters.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor and Regional Office as necessary.
- Talent pool database for GS and NO posts maintained and readily available.
Support in organization design and job classification
- Participates in the review of JDs of GS positions.
- Drafts and edits GS job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Compiles and analyses information and statistics related to posts and staff for report on staffing trends.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO, ensuring completeness of documentation
Support in individual contracting and contract management
- Review individual consultant requests against the check-list and ensures that all requirements and supporting documents are attached.
- Supports the Section on sourcing qualified candidates. Circulate vacancy announcement email internally and externally using Talent Management System.
- Prepares contract for individual consultants in VISION.
- Consultants and Individual Contractors' recruitment timeline report maintained and readily available.
Support in learning and development
- In consultation with supervisor, researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within the country office for the development of learning plans, other targeted training interventions and recording of the minutes of the Local Staff Development Committee (LSDC).
- In consultation with supervisor, researches, analyses, verifies, and compiles information on external training courses available and educational institutions to help supervisor decide on learning programmes that address learning gaps in -the country office.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Prepares training implementation progress to present to LSDC on quarterly basis.
- Ensures that all training monitoring reports are kept up to date.
Support in processing all HR Administration
Entitlement and benefits
- MyCase Local Focal Point - submit personnel action requests on behalf of staff.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- MyCase Local Focal Point - submit personnel action requests on behalf of staff. Act as Human Resource Local Focal Point submitting request on behalf of staff to the Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) using MyCase regarding entitlements and benefits.
Onboarding: Completes all staff local on-boarding formalities such as induction.
- Acts as Human Resource Local Focal Point - submit payroll request on behalf of staff to GSSC through MyCase.
- Process monthly HR related payroll activities in Vision before payroll closure.
Contract extensions: Monitors all staff contract expiration and submits request to GSSC through MyCase.
Performance Management: Monitors Performance Management completion rate using Achieve system and report to management.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to HR or Administration
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible human resources, or administrative work in a related field experience required
- Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.