The Enterprise Architecture and Technology Unit, headed by the Senior Information Technology Officer (Enterprise Architecture and Technology) provides leadership in (a) articulating IOM’s enterprise architecture's vision, standards and overall technology roadmap utilizing the data architecture, business architecture and technical architecture functions, and (b) delivery and maintenance of enterprise infrastructure, platforms and operations. The Unit consists of three main teams: 1) Enterprise Architecture, 2) Cloud Engineering and Platforms and 3) Enterprise Infrastructure Management.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of Resources Management and direct
supervision of the Director of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/CIO, the successful candidate is responsible for planning, management of the enterprise-wide technology infrastructure strategy, architecture, standards and transformation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Formulate the strategy and framework for, and direct all work related to, the operation of IOM's global ICT infrastructure, including telecommunications and computer systems, platform integration between IOM Headquarters and Country Offices, conference services and data centre services both cloud and on-premise; and ensure agility and responsiveness to evolving business objectives, requirements, and growth.
- Advise the CIO and critical business sectors on capabilities in relation to business continuity and direct the implementation and maintenance of such capabilities with regards to IOM's global ICT infrastructure.
- Define and direct the portfolio of work and exercise significant and strategic human and financial asset management. Flexibly deploy and redeploy resources into value-added activities and away from areas without comparative advantage in accordance with the results-based management framework and underpinned by major service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Assess and authorize innovative sourcing strategies for the provision of ICT infrastructure both at IOM Headquarters and Country Offices and ensure the management of the same.
- Plan and direct major tenders related to ICT technical services. Manage critical and complex contracts or agreements with external service providers or partners. Develop solutions to unprecedented or unique problems. Anticipate and manage changes to internal processes and staff competencies.
- Lead the ICT Service Management and the Service delivery activities spreading a culture of customer-centric orientation within the division.
- Seamlessly integrate business and service strategy into enterprise architecture roadmap. Build the long-term strategic roadmap for all ICT systems architecture in cooperation with business and ICT stakeholders; Lead the development of IOM’s technology roadmap and design of enterprise-wide technology infrastructure; Consolidate IOM’s technology platforms and create plans for each.
- Organize resources, establish priorities for and direct the implementation of major ICT technical projects aimed at developing or reinforcing critical ICT capabilities, ensuring that they improve service delivery, deliver business value and are implemented on time, within the allocated resources, and in line with information security requirements.
- Maintain keen awareness of technological developments, the needs of the Organization and industry best practice, and advise senior and executive management on the opportunities and implications for innovation or risk mitigation. Consult within ICT and with other Directors and senior staff in business sectors to ensure that overall ICT infrastructure capability and capacity meet current and future business expectations. Identify and proactively manage risk management processes in order to avoid critical ICT-related service outages.
- Represent IOM and provide authoritative expertise and strategic advice at international, regional and national meetings.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Required Qualifications and Experience:
- • Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience; or
- • University degree in the above fields with twelve years of relevant professional experience;
- • Industry professional certification in any of the areas above will be a distinct advantage.
- • At least six years of managerial experience, including leadership/technology team management in a multinational or multicultural environment;
- • At least six years of experience in any two of the following: technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management or operations management, solution architecture, business analysis, or business strategic planning;
- • Experience designing, managing, or implementing large-scale enterprise applications;
- • Experience with cloud implementations (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, MS SharePoint and Dynamics, event-driven IT, and predictive analytics;
- • Experience in planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping.
- • Expert knowledge of business ecosystems, creating technology roadmaps. and experience in ERP implementations such as SAP;
- • Advanced knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes;
- • Good understanding of design thinking;
- • Knowledge of data centre optimization, data center management processes, virtualization, and public cloud services (AWS and/or Azure).
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.