UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
The ICT function supports UNICEF's mission and strategic plan by enabling programme and operational effectiveness and efficiency through innovation, partnerships and the provision of ICT solutions and services in a timely, secure and safe manner.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
The Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Associate performs specialized activities pertaining to UNICEF’s ICT systems including desktop administration, server operations, hardware, and software. Specialized activities may include technical support in the testing and implementation of new application system releases, modules and functionalities and systems administration tasks. This is skilled work, which may include the provision of procedural leadership to more junior staff or serve as a focal point for a systems project.
The key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks of the Senior ICT Associate are:
ICT Office Customer Service Support:
- The Senior ICT Associate is fundamentally involved in enlisting the support and cooperation of client staff from across the office in the installation and maintenance/troubleshooting of ICT applications.
- S/He liaises and interacts with colleagues, users and user groups in establishing application requirements, proposing them to concerned development entity, and providing training in new systems and applications.
- The Senior ICT Associate may coordinate with external service providers, such as telephony providers, and consultants, ensuring delivery of agreed services and prompt resolution of service issues.
The Senior ICT Associate willperform specialized IT application administration activities to ensure functionality and facilitate user interface. Accountabilities/key results include:
- Analyzing functional issues, developing functional specifications and identifying the need for new systems or re-engineering/enhancements of the existing systems or applications.
- Supporting the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new applications and systems and customizing existing applications.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and relevant security patches; prioritizing, evaluating, testing and applying third party patches.
- Providing second-level support to users on systems applications including assistance on technical issues, setting up user access security profiles, and other related user issues.
- Drafting technical documentation and manuals.
- Assessing training needs, developing and presenting structured and ad hoc training to users as required.
- Assisting in the management of specialized ICT projects, particularly in the area of development and implementation of new systems and applications.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Completion of Secondary education is required, supplemented with formal training at university level in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- Experience:A minimum of seven years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
- Experience in providing assistance to users on IT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various computer platforms and applications is required.
- Language: Fluency in English and Spanish
- In-depth knowledge of computer information systems, including micro-computer operating systems software (e.g. Windows, Linux, other apps), hardware and applications software and other office technology equipment.
- Ability to develop and provide training.
- Ability to correctly and promptly identify problems, develop solutions and resolve issue
- Takes responsibility to respond to service needs promptly and proactively.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, reliability and honors matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to handle work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.