Experienced Instructional Designer/Developer to work with the L&D team of a child-focused global humanitarian aid /development organisation.
The successful candidate will work globally with stakeholders across World Vision to develop coherent, standardized, scalable curricula for an audience of over 35,000 staff across more than 100 countries in some of the world’s most complex environments.
The candidate will be a highly experienced, competent learning designer with a comprehensive understanding of competency-based approaches; demonstrated proficiency in the design/development of innovative, interactive eLearning courses, using modern authoring tools including Articulate 360 , Adobe Photoshop and Audition, and LMS/CMS/LRS systems.
Training needs assessment and planning:
- Develop and implement training needs assessment.
- Consult extensively to gather requirements and assess suitability of potential learning solutions to support the development of our people.
- Establish training and development plans that prioritize business initiatives according to strategic direction, current performance and return on investment.
Learning Design and Development:
- Build and establish frameworks, guidance and templates for course design and development leveraging your creativity and experience to share new ideas.
- Design innovative, interactive training courses, using the most effective approach to meet the desired objectives.
- Author and manage storyboards and scripts.
- Load courses and documentation to the LMS, interlinking content to internal and external content as needed.
- Update/edit/maintain existing eLearning.
Learning Assessment and Evaluation:
- Design assessment systems, methods and tools that allow leaders and staff to understand current skill levels and course effectiveness.
- Ensure a robust evaluation framework for learning programmes to improve the quality of delivery and customer outcomes.
- Continually evaluate, refine and communicate the learning solutions to ensure relevance, effectiveness and application.
- Review and evolve learning evaluation methods to help embed learning and change.
Standards and Innovation:
- Lead the development of standards for global WV curricula and Instructional design globally.
- Actively identify key learning trends and best practices that could be adapted for WV and adopted.
- Evaluate emerging learning technologies and conduct organizational analysis to identify readiness to implement.
- Make or approve recommendations to enhance existing or create new learning solutions based on research.
- Partnering and Collaboration:
- Build strong relationships across the business to develop a deep understanding of our operational context so that learning is real and relevant.
- Engage with key stakeholders and SMEs across WV to develop productive and collaborative working relationships that inform learning solutions.
- Provide input to the L&D team and L&D Network, in a way that builds a learning culture.
- Integrate a continuous improvement mind-set into all in stakeholder conversations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or other training related degree.
- 10+ years’ experience designing, developing, implementing and evaluating a broad range of creative, competency-based learning solutions (from immersive, simulation-based learning to bite-size, blended and e-learning), grounded in a 70/20/10 model.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Articulate 360 (Storyline and Rise), as well as experience with Adobe Captivate, Photoshop and Audition, Learning/Content Management Systems, LRS systems, and tincan/xAPI.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness in an international development context/organisation and knowledge of current trends and challenges, and best practice.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate within a complex and political stakeholder network, and to demonstrate presence and credibility across the organisation.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, and demonstrated ability to communicate cross-culturally and be cross-culturally sensitive.
- Commitment to personal / professional development.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values.
- English with additional French or Spanish.