Senior Internal Auditor (on behalf of CGIAR Internal Audit Unit)
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- As part of audit assignments, evaluate risk, governance and internal control systems at centers’ headquarters, regional and country offices, and recommend improvements.
- Conduct risk-based financial, operational and compliance audits either led by the senior internal auditor/associate director or independently.
- Perform value for money audits in line with expectations of donor and other stakeholders.
- Develop audit work plans for assigned audit engagements, and prepare draft and final audit reports.
- Assess the reliability and propriety of accounting and financial information as part of assurance assignments as required.
- Follow-up on and evaluate the implementation of audit recommendations made by internal and external auditors.
- Coordinate with External Auditors and other assurance providers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Communicate with stakeholders around assurance assignments as required.
- University degree in business administration, finance, accounting or information systems OR University degree and Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA or equivalent.
- CIA and/or CISA, CFE certifications are desirable.
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm and/or in the internal audit departments in leading private sector company, international organization or NGO.
- Experience with audit tools such as TeamMate, MK Insight, Audit Command Language (ACL) Audit Exchange and SharePoint is required.
- Work experience in developing countries and/or knowledge of major NGO, USAID or DFID system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is considered a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill.
- Ability to identify key risks relevant to the organization and to suggest relevant risk mitigating measures.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with fraud identification techniques.
- Fluent or intermediate knowledge of another language (particularly Chinese) will be an advantage.
- This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- The initial employment contract will be for a three-year term, with possibility of renewal.
- This position is open to Malaysian nationals (NRS).
- Subject to applicant status, salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish remuneration policies.
- The successful candidate is required to undertake frequent travel to Field Operations, which are located in over 50 countries in the world, mainly in developing countries.
- Travel requirements are on average 50% of the time. Each trip lasts on average two weeks.