Senior Logistics Officer
GOAL, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of this role is to support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria and Turkey Offices and related programme activities by providing general logistics support, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements. The Senior Logistics Officer is responsible for tracking and monitoring of the GOAL Syria and Turkey Offices logistics operations and responsible for the communication between Turkey and Syria Offices. This position works with GOAL Syria logistics team in close contact. H/She is also responsible for supporting LC in facilitating the day-to-day operation of fleet, asset, premises, stores, and communications functions within Goal Turkey and Syria Offices.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
Assets: Ensure that all GOAL assets are properly managed and accounted for:
- Ensure that all relevant asset management documents of GOAL Syria, Turkey and Link Offices are accurate and uploaded.
- Ensure all GOAL assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per GOAL Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Tracing the physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Logistics Manual, including coordination with Finance department in monthly Assets checks.
- Ensure that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of GOAL assets from staff at the end of their time working for GOAL.
- Ensure that all actions and paperwork related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, send back to HQ, loss, and damage of assets. Manage donation-in-kind of assets as per standards and requirement of the Logistics Manual.
- Ensure that all relevant reports, required authorisations and paperwork is maintained up-to-date and on file as per standards and requirements set in the Logistics Manual.