Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting in our Governance cluster, bettering the lives of the world's citizens by ensuring that state institutions promote inclusive development, are more responsive and accountable to the people they serve, and have the capacity to deliver essential services - from health to education, security and job creation.
We are looking for talented individuals, with a track record in consulting and management, and interest or experience in the private sector. Most of all we are looking for people with the drive to tackle new and complex challenges to learn, adapt and create, to deliver incredible, transformational change.
These experts will ideally have technical expertise in one or more of the areas of:
- Anti-Corruption and transparency
- Economic policy
- Public sector governance
Our Senior Managers lead Palladium projects through providing business development leadership, technical project management inputs and technical expertise.
- Lead short term inputs and consultancy assignments and provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of longer-term projects;
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and programme approaches and results to demonstrate thought leadership;
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise;
- Develop and create solutions and materials that contribute to Palladium's thought leadership in the field
- Be a lead contributor to the strategic approach to business development through coordination of research on issues, countries, clients, partners and competitors and market intelligence gathering;
- Manage the development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships through interactions with clients at a technical level during the business development cycle;
- Manage the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities and growth of your portfolio;
- Manage the planning of pursuits and bids, coaching and mentoring staff to contribute to their development and to bid success
- Manage partner and team selection, ensuring the creation of strong a trusted relationships throughout pre-bid negotiations;
- Act as Project Director on assigned projects, taking responsibility for delivering Positive Impact and meeting client expectations
- For assigned portfolio projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested;
- Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting;
- Manage partner organisations on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes;
- Keep abreast of political, social, economic and security developments in project countries and regions;
- Academic qualifications in a in a relevant field are valued, but these can be compensated by extensive relevant experience.
- Significant donor project management and business development experience, which includes management of one or more complex large-scale projects including experience in start-up and closeout.
- Some experience of working in a developing country or in a project based environment.
- Experience contributing to or managing successful major bids and strategic orientation towards potential markets for growth within the impact and development space
- Proven and tested technical excellence in your field of expertise
- An understanding of, and strategic orientation towards, potential markets within the impact and development space
- Strong technical writing skills, and the ability to write quality inputs for consultancy projects and business development.
- Sound client management skills, with a track record or building and maintaining a strong image and reputations with key clients.
- Exceptional people management skills, and the ability to foster professional relationships and support staff development in a leadership role.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.