Senior Manager, Grants Finance
Plan International , Toronto, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Manager, Grant Finance and Compliance is part of a cross-functional project team responsible for quality implementation of complex, multi-million dollar grant funded projects. The team includes specialists in Program Management and relevant thematic experts. This is a key role within the team that provides oversight and analysis of the financial health of assigned projects/ portfolios; while ensuring compliance to donor requirements and the achievements of revenue targets. The Senior Manager, Grant Finance and Compliance will also provide leadership to a team of Compliance Managers.
What success looks like?
- Provide financial oversight to a portfolio of projects (predominantly in West and Central Africa) that are funded by governments, multilateral organizations, foundations and corporations.
- Provide financial inputs for project work planning and budgeting.
- Ensure appropriate set-up for project finances and reporting.
- Work with the project team and partners to attain accurate and timely project financial information.
- Review and ensure accurate project financial reporting for management and funders.
- Ensure projects are audit ready, in compliance with funding agreements, and lead on project audits.
- Ensure the project team has a good understanding of the project finances and compliance risks, allowing the team to solution for issues and develop risk mitigation tactics.
- Lead on process improvement initiatives.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated success developing costing models/ budgets at the project design stage and risk assessment/ mitigation for large proposals
- Fluency in English and French, written and verbal communication
- Financial management experience of large-scale international projects, including project risk management
- Proven track record of working with a wide variety of international development funding agencies or similar
- Experience managing contracts and agreements with Global Affairs Canada, Development Banks and multilateral agencies is desirable
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work culture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver within short deadlines
- Experience managing internal audits/ reviews and project management reporting and performance reporting
- Familiarity working in cross-functional teams and a matrix environment
- People leadership experience
- MBA or CPA designation an asset.