Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• IWMI is looking for a Senior Manager: Knowledge-Policy-Investment Broker. This is a key function requiring close coordination with several departments, teams and individuals within IWMI, including the Deputy Director General - Research; leaders of the Institute’s research themes (i.e., Resource Recovery, Water Quality and Health, and other themes); Director, Business Development; regional directors; office heads and regional research uptake coordinators. The selected candidate will report to the Global Science Uptake Coordinator, and will be based at IWMI’s headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka, or at one of the Institute’s country/regional offices.
The Senior Advisor contributes to IWMI’s Strategy 2014-2018 by supporting research uptake and fund-raising through:
• increasing visibility of IWMI’s research-based solutions to development challenges;
• supporting the alignment of products and advisory service delivery to research users and partners;
• catalyzing innovative financing options to support external investment in research and uptake of solutions;
• monitoring and supporting the uptake of solutions on behalf of IWMI, which will help to assess development impacts; and • building and managing partnerships and alliances that advance solution implementation.
Minimum Qualification & Experience :
• an advanced degree relevant to developing business opportunities in IWMI’s areas of work. This may include an advanced degree in policy, finance and/or business;
• at least 10-15 years of experience and a successful track record in business development, partnering with development banks and investors, market research, product development forecasting, and financing;
Skills & abilities :
• an in-depth knowledge of investments and trends of donors and the development sector;
• strong skills in market assessment, segmentation and profiling, and product delivery to market;
• a strong history of, and skills in, fund-raising and proposal development;
• demonstrated success in building strong external partnerships and alliances in complex environments;
• experience in agriculture and the agriculture-sanitation interface, and water issues more generally, as well as knowledge of water-related tools, metrics, indicators and advisory services; and
• maintaining high-quality interactions with colleagues in different geographic locations.