Senior M&E Advisor
Fhi 360, North Carolina (NC), United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior M&E Advisor will support the implementation of surveillance systems strengthening activities for an anticipated CDC Global Health Security (GHS) funded project for multiple countries in Africa and/or Asia with the general objective to improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens, to improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and to report emerging biological threats by responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.
*Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible to provide technical guidance on the design, development and implementation of the project M&E strategy, build capacity in country/regions to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned to program strategy, and allow quality reporting and dissemination.
- S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- The incumbent will provide support in ensuring data quality and accuracy for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against the project’s performance indicators, key outputs and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved.
The incumbent will be based in Durham, NC, USA. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in designing, planning, monitoring, data collection and analysis, report preparation and dissemination of project data in collaboration with the relevant key stakeholders as per the national, regional and global standards as required by the donor.
- Foster and facilitate information, experience, best practices and resource exchange amongst M&E advisors in the project network.
- Lead strategies and planning for the FHI 360 project network technical assistance, supportive supervision, and mentoring to relevant project and MOH staff to develop, evaluate and/or update reporting systems.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to provide technical assistance for the integration and optimization of project reporting systems for GHS priority pathogens and those of importance in host countries.
- Provide direction to collect, aggregate, analyze and use data from the FHI 360 project network for reporting and dissemination to relevant national and international stakeholders, the donor and external partners.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Coordinate the project regular QI data feedback reports including communication and following up with countries/regional program teams on data submission, validation and utilization of feedback
- Ensure program data quality standard are met through coordinating data quality audits & assessments (paper & electronic) for the project
- Provide any other M&E technical support as required
- Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or other relevant subjects and at least 8 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting especially for USG projects in public health.
- At least one prior position of three years or more duration as M&E manager or relevant technical manager for a large health project including technical staff supervision, ideally in a resource limited setting.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience of global health security surveillance and other relevant health programs
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that span multiple countries.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in French will be an advantage.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
Minimum of 25% international travel