The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will provide leadership and guidance to the project team at the country level on all aspects regarding M&E, oversee data collection, data quality assurance, associated frameworks and methodologies, data analytics and data use to inform program planning. S/he will also oversee the M&E project evaluation and performance measurement plan.
ICAP Haiti seeks a highly qualified candidates for the position of Senior M&E advisor for an upcoming US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)-funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project focused on three regions (West, North, Artibonite) of Haiti. This project aims to reduce the number of new HIV infections among target communities, scaleup testing in “working well” populations, and support the continuum of care and treatment for those living with HIV in PEPFAR-supported regions in Haiti. S/he will operate under the leadership of the Technical Director and wil be responsible for the supervision of the M&E regional offices located in the targeted regions.
This position is grant funded.
- Support and contribute to the design and implementation of a rapid partner needs assessments to identify institutional/organizational capabilities/strengths and challenges/gaps in the areas of monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to the design of a QA training and capacity building strategy in collaboration with the Technical Director and Clinical Care & Treatment Advisor
- Oversee project M&E staff working at the selected regions (North, Artibonite and Western)
- In partnership with the Technical Director and the New York Strategic Information Unit, develop and implement the project Evaluation and Performance Measurement Plan
- Oversee the quarterly reporting of PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) indicators into DATIM
- Conduct internal data monitoring and analysis, including development of dashboards and slides to track progress over time with appropriate disaggregations
- Monitor performance of each region and providing feedback to technical teams to ensure they are aware of progress to targets
- Develop data quality improvement plan based on data collected and where necessary, implement course corrections or redesign strategies and interventions
- Organize stakeholder meetings including data review, analysis and dissemination workshops
- Prepare relevant reports for ICAP in Haiti, ICAP in New York, USG donors and relevant government agencies
- Provide technical support to partners to develop M&E plans, indicators, data management systems, and standard operating protocols for data collection and analysis of QI projects
- Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a user-friendly format for regular use by the Country Director and members of the technical team for project monitoring, evaluation, and report writing
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related field
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems in Haiti
- Demonstrate strong skills in data management, analysis, statistics, or related fields
- Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems, database maintenance, and patient-level databases preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using MS Excel
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners to achieve program result
- Must be proficient in English, French and Haitian Creole