The Khana Group (TKG) is a leading social impact research and consulting firm with offices in Liberia, Nigeria, Ghana and the United States. The firm has a mission to transform lives and create sustainable solutions across Africa by using data and cultural/local context to inform programmatic and policy decisions and develop strategies to increase social impact for clients and partners. TKG works with non-governmental organizations, international donor organizations, governments, and commercial clients across Africa, Europe, and North America.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is a highly technical role based in Monrovia, Liberia. The candidate will support research and evaluation activities across the firm, including conducting rigorous evaluations (i.e. research design, sampling, instrument development, data collection etc.) for various projects and understanding the full spectrum of research implementation. We are looking for someone with strong quantitative and qualitative evaluation and data collection background, experience using a variety of software for data collection and analysis and experience with various evaluation and research methodologies.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support the implementation of research, project evaluations and data collection
- Support the entire M&E / research process – project inception, literature review, research design and methodology, questionnaire adaptation / development based on research / evaluation indicators, conversion of questionnaire to electronic format, material development, training, community entry, qualitative and quantitative data collection, quality control and risk mitigation processes, data cleaning and analysis; and reporting
- Support the development of M&E databases, policies and procedures, and systems
- Provide guidance and in some cases lead annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops
- Contribute to policy/technical notes, concept notes and lead research reports writing
- With stakeholders, set out the framework and procedures for the evaluation of project activities
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good statistics for impact evaluation
- Support the organization in areas of business development and serve as technical writer in response to Request for Proposals or other types of solicitations
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Applied Statistics, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant international experience with progressive responsibilities in oversight of research, impact evaluations and data collection funded by bilateral (USAID, MCC, DFID) or multilateral (World Bank, UN) research and evaluation projects that leverages academic training and practical experience in quantitative research/evaluation and statistical methodologies.
- Experience using various data analysis packages (i.e. SPSS, STATA, Nvivo, Atlas TI) and conducting various evaluations (i.e. Impact Evaluation, Value for Money, Baseline / Mid Line / End Line) is also essential
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data collection methodologies and relating software packages (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO, Surveytogo, Survey Solutions, Magpi or similar platform) is necessary
- Ability to effectively work in teams and embrace participatory approaches.
- Experience conducting remote surveys and managing remote teams is highly desirable
- Proven ability to develop user-friendly technical documents
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, organizational and team-work skills